Quick question on piloting talents

Fra119

I'm planning to upgrade my ship by getting better engines, I'd like to know how much gain would I get for each tier of military engines but I have to include the talent bonuses in the calculation.

Now I'm sitting on lvl4 on all the talents affecting atmo engines, so +20% max thrust, +8% atmo elements thrust and +40% thrust when put down.

The in-game builder helper tells me my basic atmo L are outputting exactly 3,85Mn of force, the closer I can get is 3,86995Mn by doing (2,16 (basic L eng thrust) +28%) +40%, is this the correct formula? am I missing something?

Thx in advance ?

I think you need to do 2.16+40% first because installation happens first and is independent of pilot talents = 3.024. And then 3.024+28% for the pilot talents, but that comes out higher than 3.85. The build helper may be taking some fractional obstruction into account. 

The engines aren't obstructed and all engines have the same value. Btw I totally forgot there's an engine calculator on dual.sh, but it just gives me a flat +68% which doesn't really match with that 3.85M.

Guess I'll just skip this planning and go overkill as usual xD

obstruction doesn't change the atmo inspector's figures, AFAIK... I am still trying to work out how this works...

My avatar has L5 on everything related to Atmospheric engines, ailerons, brakes and adjusters and I've not really been able to calculate numbers that comes out exactly as the figures I'm seeing in the atmo inspector. 

I don't know your values, with mines I get 3,867Mn if I add flat thrust first and handlig later, and 3,870Mn if I add handling first. These numbers are very close to each other so it's hard to tell which come first, if handling or +thrust, but in the end I guess the helper is probably rounding from ~3,87 to 3,85.