Core shapes

Guest Xarethsar

Guest Xarethsar

So here is a good idea to have multiple shapes on cores so if i want to make a more elongated XS ship and use all the space the core has to offer. its nothing urgent but i think it would help alot in seeing more varied ships

Agreed - keep volume the same but allow for some variety. It would be enough to have even one alternate build area with one axis stretched by 30% and other retracted to make cuboid instead of strict cube.

If that would require making different element - why not make rare {dynamic/static/space} core as cuboid?

Would be nice if while deciding to place a core, you can adjust that area. Keeping a minimum and maximum 'cubes' as restrictions for adjustment.

Then anyone could setup any area to build in for the core they are placing.

I find it bothersome that a ship design I want to make (which I made in Space Engineers, Starmade and Empyrion).. means I have to start with an "S", when the ship would work in a 'flatter / longer' XS area. Soooooo much space wasted (and not to mention the bigger size of the "S" core to work around in the ship body).

I cut past or something of a cube shape may be nice.

i made a L factory in a lake. I really would have liked to make a bridge to the shore for it, but that would have required either moving the cube a lot closer to shore than I wanted to, or placing another cube for the bridge. If I could have trimmed a few meters off the top and place it next to my cube I could have made a nice road. Instead I had to dig up a lot of earth and make a road out of placed and flattened dirt.

I do see why they couldn’t take it to far though. You could probably reach space with the volume of a L core if you made it 1x1xX.