Transfer skill advantages to factory devices

Sarogahtyp

Hello,

my following suggestions are related to skills with the "...when put down ..." note. I'm referring me to factory related skills but it could be useful for every skill with that note.

One could decide to learn factory related skills as much as one can and then offer to sell the skill advantages for factory machines to other players by just putting down his machines.

In a big factory with hundreds of linked devices this could be frustrating because that player would have to build the whole factory again just to set up those skill advantages to the machines.

My suggestion is to get a menu entry by right clicking a device to set those advantages without to have to put down that machine again. Maybe there could be a cooldown timer for that action to get a delay between those skill advantage transfers but I think those menu entry is needed to get those gameplay working...

What do you guys think about?

So your suggestion is a way to update skill advantages on elements for a construct you own, after placing them? I really like that idea, so long as it is limited to constructs you own.
I would not want it to work for orgs or things you only have rights to since that would be to op and people could easily go around updating everything for other people without having to rebuild.

Doing it for yourself sounds great though.

9 hours ago, Aiwhisper said:

So your suggestion is a way to update skill advantages on elements for a construct you own, after placing them? I really like that idea, so long as it is limited to constructs you own.
I would not want it to work for orgs or things you only have rights to since that would be to op and people could easily go around updating everything for other people without having to rebuild.

Doing it for yourself sounds great though.

No, I mean to update other people constructs. I think thats not OP. Its the intended gameplay as you can see how it works on fuel tanks, engines and so on. The difference is that a big factory has thousands of links which could reach from one outer corner to another. To re-setup a single part of such a factory is at least very chaotic to almost impossible. Therefore the above described gameplay (sell skill updates or as you told help your org mates with it) is not playable as it is for now... thats the reason for my suggestion.

I thought of an option on the right click of a coreunit that would offer an upgrade depending on the skill level of the player doing the manipulation.

It's a bit too strong but it would avoid to do the manipulation on each element (when you see the size of some industry / ship).