Error 100 and 106 explained. Please sticky?

Anopheles

100 usually means the server is down.  Check on Discord (I know, right?) to confirm.

Been some confusion as this error also turned up when the passwords needed to be changed.  Should that happen again, it needs you to detect if others are playing and then check discord or your emails.

106 usually means that the server is open, but set to private to make sure things are working under low load before the teeming masses rush in. 

If you see this, rejoice for your next brief window of joy is soon at hand.

Please sticky this to help cut down the myriad of identical "Error 100?" threads littering the forum.

They call them HTTP errors so 100 should be a status confirmation message meaning "Continue" and 106 does not exist.. So basically NQ development in a nutshell, reinvent the wheel and replace existing standards with homebrew aka not invented here syndrome.

HTTP 4xx/5xx  already exist for a reason.

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

They call them HTTP errors so 100 should be a status confirmation message meaning "Continue" and 106 does not exist.. So basically NQ development in a nutshell, reinvent the wheel and replace existing standards with homebrew aka not invented here syndrome.

HTTP 4xx/5xx  already exist for a reason.

I kind of agree with NQ on this one. 

HTTP error standard exists to enable debug between 2 diferente software providers. 

NQ uses their own server with their own client. There is no need for them to expose the client server mechanics. 

I am assuming they will eventualy remove all error codes and replace them with simple words like "DNS ERROR" or "Invalid Password". 

Hmmm, hi.

I'm new to the game, just bought 3 months to try it out (is that renewed automatically ? I wasn't able to find any info about it?)

So first attempt to get into the game : Waiting line with 1000+ in front of me. Okay that's not a problem.

Then I was able to create the avatar, looked at some intro vids and then ... http error.

If servers are set down or set to private, can't this be checked at the waiting line instead of after the waiting line. I mean waiting to get rejected it's not that cool :)

Regards