Unable to rebind certain keys, and a few questions

Treelessrain

Hello, 

I am unable to rebind the primary interaction keys and other keys,  because they are greyed out . I am still able to rebind most of my keys-just no the ones that are greyed out  Is this an intended feature or is this a bug?

Furthermore, I have a few questions as well.:

How many systems does this game have now, and what is interstellar trade like currently(I heard something about ftl drives/jump gates?)? Third, are animals/fauna going to be added in eventually? Fourth, in EVE there was a major market hub - does this game have something akin to that? Fifth, why is the sky blue(in real life not in game-this is a joke question)?

Rebinding grey keys should probably not be done and is likely a bug.

Currently we have warp drives that allow using warp cells as fuel to jump your ship to a planet or warp beacon (currently not anywhere in the game world yet).

Wild animals and more fauna improvements are definitely something that is coming as said by JC. No traditional NPCs, likely, however.

Most people seem to trade on the Sanctuary moon, but that is still up in the air what becomes the 'hub'.

The sky is blue because of something called 'Rayleigh' light scattering.

In short, our current atmosphere composition scatters blue light the best as seen in this graph below, which is why it appears blue-ish:

image.png.2000345bdf3862d87e04a3516d8a2747.png

35 minutes ago, Megaddd said:

Rebinding grey keys should probably not be done and is likely a bug.

Currently we have warp drives that allow using warp cells as fuel to jump your ship to a planet or warp beacon (currently not anywhere in the game world yet).

Wild animals and more fauna improvements are definitely something that is coming as said by JC. No traditional NPCs, likely, however.

Most people seem to trade on the Sanctuary moon, but that is still up in the air what becomes the 'hub'.

The sky is blue because of something called 'Rayleigh' light scattering.

In short, our current atmosphere composition scatters blue light the best as seen in this graph below, which is why it appears blue-ish:

image.png.2000345bdf3862d87e04a3516d8a2747.png

So am I supposed to be able to rebind those greyed out keys or are they supposed to be locked keybindings?  Other than that, thanks for the info.

Another question I have been trying to get back to my base for the last few days- but I couldn't . I then did a force respawn and respawned back at the wrong sanctuary moon- as the one I need to be  on is 0.77 su away. Is there anyway to get back to that moon via shuttle/ship/speeder?

Don't take the Stellar Units in DU too serious... not sure if they are a placeholder or supposed to look cool, but 1su in DU is 200km, so your base ain't "real" 0.77su away and is only shown "behind the ground" due the curvature of the moon.

You can ask others to give you a ride or collect some rocks from the ground around the market in order to build another quick fix speeder. Maybe you're able to fetch your speeder via the map (unfold section "Constructs" and... I believe right click -> fetch? Or something like that) if it's close enough.

On Alioth markets you can find teleporters that transport you between the major markets - I'm not sure if this is the case on Sanctuary Moon markets too, but maybe worth checking out if you're there anyways.

Greyed out keybinds are greyed out for a reason. They're meant to be that way.

Bear in mind that keybinds are a feature that need Beta polish. Currently, the pitch and yaw axes are wrongly labelled in the KB list...

6 hours ago, Kezzle said:

Greyed out keybinds are greyed out for a reason. They're meant to be that way.

Bear in mind that keybinds are a feature that need Beta polish. Currently, the pitch and yaw axes are wrongly labelled in the KB list...

Why would NQ grey out the primary interaction keys among other things?. I do not use a mouse, and since I am unable to rebind the scroll wheel key- I cannot zoom in on tiles. Furthermore, it is 2020 in all my other games- I can rebind all of my keys- why not in this game? I will file a bug report, about this because I doubt it is an intended "feature", and if it is it is a bad design decision.

Just take a shuttle back to allioth, on allioth teleport to the sanctuary district n# you want and once there take the shuttle back towards sanct ? Or did you build your base in the middle of nowhere then the build a quick speeder is the better option.