Sign in to follow this  
Trustis

Contributor pack questions

Contributor Pack grants you:

• Alpha Access - And any testing phase that follows Alpha
  • 3 Dual Access Coupons (DAC) - Each DAC equals 1 month of subscription*

So to answer your questions directly:

1. How long can I play for free?
    • All of Alpha + Beta (August 27, 2020 - ?) + 3 months* of Official Release, assuming you use the DACs
  2. What will be the first month i have to pay?
    • Fourth month into Official Release at the earliest (Maybe sometime in 2021)

* The final price of subscription is lower than originally projected when the support packs were created. As such, DU has stated they would adjust the amount of DACs granted from these packs accordingly. So you will likely receive more than 3 month's worth of DACs once we hit Official Release. 

Reference: https://www.dualthegame.com/en/news/2020/07/06/dual-universe-faq-beta-release-pricing-strategy-and-more/

So basically is there any value in the Beta Key which is listed the in pledge pack?

If I do not buy the pledge pack now and I want to enter at beta stage, how much it will cost me?

5 hours ago, Groovy said:

If I do not buy the pledge pack now and I want to enter at beta stage, how much it will cost me?

About $21 USD for 3 months (can only buy 3 months at a time minimum during beta). More infos here: https://www.dualthegame.com/en/news/2020/07/06/du-beta-arrives-august-27-at-6-99-accessible-subscription/

Thank you all! 

Another question - do I have to redeem the Beta Key (the one that comes with pledge pack) on order to continue playing after alpha phase ends, or I will be able to play alpha and beta without using that code. From the comment by blazemonger I understand that I will not have to use the Beta key to switch from alpha to beta phase.

31 minutes ago, Groovy said:

Thank you all! 

Another question - do I have to redeem the Beta Key (the one that comes with pledge pack) on order to continue playing after alpha phase ends, or I will be able to play alpha and beta without using that code. From the comment by blazemonger I understand that I will not have to use the Beta key to switch from alpha to beta phase.

No you only need one form of access at a time, either pledge, subscription, or key. Pledge includes both alpha and beta access, keys are just for you to give away

9 hours ago, Haunty said:

No you only need one form of access at a time, either pledge, subscription, or key. Pledge includes both alpha and beta access, keys are just for you to give away

I was about to ask the same thing, thanks for the good answer.