Better Quality of Assets (Foliage-trees-ground) [Suggestion]

BaileyVandenbroek

I noticed that the foliage is in low-poly and there are so much possibilities with Low-poly I don't understand how DU can't get better looking foliage and trees ..

store_LowPolyForest_screenshot_07.png

Also the ground terrain on Du is a nightmare it's scary it's a nightmare!! It looks like honeycomb or a closeup picture dropped on the floor.

You know that you can place and remove this all anywhere you want right?
The best looking Games i know that can do the same are 7Days2Die, Empyrion, Space Engineers and some others.
imho DU already looks better than all of them.
DU has no high res textures yet, but as you know DU is in Alpha development right now.
I expect High res Textures and other performance fixes will come when all the important Gameplay features are implemented.
They come, but its not that important right now in development.

2 minutes ago, BiGEdge said:

You know that you can place and remove this all anywhere you want right?
The best looking Games i know that can do the same are 7Days2Die, Empyrion, Space Engineers and some others.
imho DU already looks better than all of them.
DU has no high res textures yet, but as you know DU is in Alpha development right now.
I expect High res Textures and other performance fixes will come when all the important Gameplay features are implemented.
They come, but its not that important right now in development.

Did you just said that I can switch the trees files? to see better trees?

no... i sayd you have a Sandbox game much bigger than any other.
And if you like you can remove hole planets if you got the time and patience.
And as only the starter Planet has the surface from Great Britain alone, it would take the same amount of time, as if you want to dig out GB out of the Atlantic.
You can remove everything and place it anywhere else in DU like in all the other Voxel based Games.
To have this possibility, i would be fine with having the same graphics quality like in those games.
But in DU it looks already better than in other Voxel Games. And this without 4k textures.
And high res textures are not yet important in Alpha development. But they will come when theyre needed.

3 hours ago, BiGEdge said:

no... i sayd you have a Sandbox game much bigger than any other.
And if you like you can remove hole planets if you got the time and patience.
And as only the starter Planet has the surface from Great Britain alone, it would take the same amount of time, as if you want to dig out GB out of the Atlantic.
You can remove everything and place it anywhere else in DU like in all the other Voxel based Games.
To have this possibility, i would be fine with having the same graphics quality like in those games.
But in DU it looks already better than in other Voxel Games. And this without 4k textures.
And high res textures are not yet important in Alpha development. But they will come when theyre needed.

I am talking about the texture it just doesn't looks good it's bot the quality it's the look of it and the foliage mesh color is horrible and the trees omg baddd.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:28 AM, Miamato said:

Regarding textures - they are in progress, there are explanations about new process of texture generation here - 

Well this is not impressive the assets not necessarily texture .. we can have realistic low poly without any texture that are in 3d just good lighting and good 3d Assets would do a big difference 

• 3 months later...