Character customization Suggestion

BaileyVandenbroek

I think we should be able to upload our own hair mesh for money to make our character more unique.

Individuality is important and that is not even complicated to do also NQ should be inspired by EVE character creator it is pretty intuitive for user.

Every aspect of the universe is determined by the players so we should determine how we want to look and not be all the same people or similar people.

This is a universe not a game we need to be different.

Because DU is different from other game because it is  a second universe!

9 hours ago, BaileyVandenbroek said:

I think we should be able to upload our own hair mesh for money to make our character more unique.

Individuality is important and that is not even complicated to do also NQ should be inspired by EVE character creator it is pretty intuitive for user.

Every aspect of the universe is determined by the players so we should determine how we want to look and not be all the same people or similar people.

This is a universe not a game we need to be different.

Because DU is different from other game because it is  a second universe!

I agree, so this time we make the right choice and sell a monocle for $60. I want the chance to be classy when I am robbing you. As for the hair mesh, well they can probably do it themselves as it sounds like a lot of work on their end to make it work for player base. Correct me if I am wrong here, but I don't think it is going to be easy as TF2 hats.

18 hours ago, plmkoi said:

I agree, so this time we make the right choice and sell a monocle for $60. I want the chance to be classy when I am robbing you. As for the hair mesh, well they can probably do it themselves as it sounds like a lot of work on their end to make it work for player base. Correct me if I am wrong here, but I don't think it is going to be easy as TF2 hats.

Well if they make a template we simply make the mesh tadah they can make basic mesh model so people have hair selection i am not saying everyone must be different but offering that feature to people would make the game more interesting and they would respect their promise of everything can be created limit is your imagination.

On 1/1/2020 at 9:32 PM, BaileyVandenbroek said:

Well if they make a template we simply make the mesh tadah they can make basic mesh model so people have hair selection i am not saying everyone must be different but offering that feature to people would make the game more interesting and they would respect their promise of everything can be created limit is your imagination.

Well the "feature making the game interesting" is highly debatable,  the core features advertised/talked about of the game is the main interest. The things they are putting into the game in one form or another has already been tried and there is evidence that it is successful. Can you point to other examples of mmo's incorporating the hair mesh feature you talked about? 

On 1/3/2020 at 1:22 PM, plmkoi said:

Well the "feature making the game interesting" is highly debatable,  the core features advertised/talked about of the game is the main interest. The things they are putting into the game in one form or another has already been tried and there is evidence that it is successful. Can you point to other examples of mmo's incorporating the hair mesh feature you talked about? 

IMVU for example they made their money from player based meshes

On 1/6/2020 at 1:15 AM, BaileyVandenbroek said:

IMVU for example they made their money from player based meshes

Interesting, but what other real mmo's? I suspect that most mmo's hasn't incorporated this feature because the time invested wouldn't pay dividends. I mean a lot of the cash shops already have dev's that can make items themselves and upload it. If you want to make your character unique, I think you should focus on actions and not looks. There are people that bought a $70 monocle and they are still a nobody. Then you have e-famous names like The Mittani, Sir Molle, Shadoo, Chribba, and etc, that either orchestrated large events or their personality in business/industry that you heard on the news in the past. 

I can see the need of having your character look more unique, but I think it shouldn't be looked in the lens of a theme park mmo. In theme parks it is already hard to stand out in a world where everyone is special and is a hero, but in sand box mmo's it is not the looks, but the actions that one takes that is going to make you stand out. If you really want to be noticed, you can always fly expensive ships out in null sec for this game. 

On 1/10/2020 at 9:21 AM, plmkoi said:

Interesting, but what other real mmo's? I suspect that most mmo's hasn't incorporated this feature because the time invested wouldn't pay dividends. I mean a lot of the cash shops already have dev's that can make items themselves and upload it. If you want to make your character unique, I think you should focus on actions and not looks. There are people that bought a $70 monocle and they are still a nobody. Then you have e-famous names like The Mittani, Sir Molle, Shadoo, Chribba, and etc, that either orchestrated large events or their personality in business/industry that you heard on the news in the past. 

I can see the need of having your character look more unique, but I think it shouldn't be looked in the lens of a theme park mmo. In theme parks it is already hard to stand out in a world where everyone is special and is a hero, but in sand box mmo's it is not the looks, but the actions that one takes that is going to make you stand out. If you really want to be noticed, you can always fly expensive ships out in null sec for this game. 

Actually it's the promises of being able to shape everything in the universe that interest me and adding hair meshes  upload is important to me because not only it it nos difficult to implement such things they just need to make a template and approve them just like they will prob approve in game image uploads for LUA and such. I don't mind about the quality of the character I Know it won't be like star citizen but if it can be like this atleast it would be cool plus by implementing such feature they would kick the ass out of star citizen. Even if the feature accessibility would cost an hundred $ for a single haircut why not I would pay it. Because it's a second universe and I think that kind of feature is not even hard to code compared to others things people requested and it would attract tons of people who likes customization.

MqU3H6L.png

• 4 weeks later...

Lol, just make it about 20-30 hair and facial hair precets, thats it. Like EVE does. You can create literally any character in EVE before the start. Why would you even want to upload your own hair onto your avatar, lmaololrofl

Better have some clothes and body customisation options, like your own custom paint, etc.

39 minutes ago, Messir_Astaroth said:

Lol, just make it about 20-30 hair and facial hair precets, thats it. Like EVE does. You can create literally any character in EVE before the start. Why would you even want to upload your own hair onto your avatar, lmaololrofl

Better have some clothes and body customisation options, like your own custom paint, etc.

I think that being able to upload hair is the best you can have since it lets you build whatever character you'd like.

Uploading meshes in an mmo with thousands of avatars may not be feasible for performance reasons. A lot can still be done with parameter-based avatar creation, I'd expect DU's to be pretty basic at first.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:33 AM, Haunty said:

Uploading meshes in an mmo with thousands of avatars may not be feasible for performance reasons. A lot can still be done with parameter-based avatar creation, I'd expect DU's to be pretty basic at first.

if it can run 30k players in the same area without any lag it is feasible.

• 1 month later...