Skill Visibility

Pataras

I would like to see my skill tree and completed/learned skills to be visible outside of the game.

Lets say on my profile on the DU Website.

Maybe on a later stage that via API we can use the same for player owned stuff.

3 hours ago, ShioriStein said:

... but why ?! You can just log in game and see it yourself, why have to go on website or API ?

To have 3rd party programs which can calculate fastest skill times for certain activities like manufacturing stargates or flying that huge ass capital ship? Having a program which can Show you what to train best? 

The game definitely needs an app which can allow you to access your HUD, look at your skills, see what's in your inventory, adjust RDMS etc

We wont all be able to play 24/7 even though we might want to haha some of us have jobs. But being able to log onto an app, or the DU profile, that works too, would allow us to have some impact when other players from other countries are playing and you're in the office bathroom haha 

19 hours ago, ilodev said:

I'm not saying it is not a good idea, it is, but some things have to be done in game.

I agree. Viewing skills and skill training details, doesn't seem to fall into that category, though. Dual Universe is exclusively a PC game with persistent mechanics. As Lethys mentioned, you might want to do more than simply choose a different skill. Dynamic 3rd party may be developed to improve the quality of playing and these will require APIs. Even if only restricted to viewing skills: you might not be able to log-in whenever you please. You might be reading something about skill benefits in Dual Universe, away from home. You can't check your skill status on a mobile device, cue API-dependent 3rd party apps.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 11:02 AM, ilodev said:

I'm not saying it is not a good idea, it is, but some things have to be done in game.

The individual is kind of wanting this. Which if the game is going to go skill over time, this is a must in my opinion. Because with the skill over time aspect, the different skills will most likely be attribute based and so training random skills will actually take weeks longer then if you optimized it either with math or someone else's math and coding. Example: I am in Eve training leadership skills (charisma/will power attribute) that give people in my fleet buffs, but if I decide to train gunnery (perception/will power) and don't switch my attributes, what would have taken 2 weeks for a level 5 advance skill in information warfare is going to take 4.5 weeks (as it is going off the will power attribute). With the game limiting you to attribute changes every 365 days, would be a bit frustrating if you were forced to train mining skills and hate it, then proceed to change to pvp which you enjoy and wasting more time until that 365 day mark.  

If they use the attribute system, each point of attribute gives a certain amount of skill points (exp) per second and if the warfare skills has 1 million sp to level it and your attributes with bonuses primary attribute giving 100 sp per min, will power 500 that would translate 1 day. This is an gross oversimplification of how things work, which is why you are going to want third party tools to optimize your time in skill training. 

* I don't agree with people seeing your skills in game as that gives full intel and makes pvp easier on top of removing a lot of the ambiguity. This actually encourages griefing as you can then see the person is new and take a dump on their head for the lulz, where if it is hidden then they have to take a risk of attacking a player that is senior to them and will put them in their place. 

Also to get this info you would have to go to your account on the studios website and copy/paste the token api to the program for it to get regular updates on your skill changes which you only have access to unless you give it out, or the programmer collects it w/o your knowledge. But most people who does this on eve actually check the backend themselves.

Edited by plmkoi
* for additional clarification