NEW STREET CODE [The Federation Alpha]

Greetings,

I have created a street code for my federation, because it seemed that nobody had made one yet.

This street code will be actif within our federation and enforced by our police department.

Anyone wishing to travel in our territory must follow the S.C., violating the rules of the S.C. will have consequences.
The weakest penalty is a fine, but if too many rules were broken or repetitively broken it even can end with a driving ban.

The flying traffic will be prohibited in the cities, therefore planes and spaceships will have designated landing areas on the borders of the cities.

The offical document:

Street_Code.png

For more information about the S.C. you can contact me on our discord. https://discord.gg/5meXpj7

Kind regards
Ginger

15 hours ago, Lethys said:

GL enforcing that ?

That is why we have a Police Department, the APD (Alpha Police Department), which will be well equiped with fast Hover Police Cars, Police Aircrafts, Police Spacecrafts...etc.

2 hours ago, _Ginger_ said:

That is why we have a Police Department, the APD (Alpha Police Department), which will be well equiped with fast Hover Police Cars, Police Aircrafts, Police Spacecrafts...etc.

You say police like I would say 'army'  ;)

15 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

You say police like I would say 'army'  ;)

Why the Army? The army has other things to do then regulate traffic, that's why we have a Police Department, which will be well trained.

11 minutes ago, _Ginger_ said:

Why the Army? The army has other things to do then regulate traffic, that's why we have a Police Department, which will be well trained.

Regulating traffic is a major thing in a space game.....  especially when that traffic can fight back..... as i said, sound like an army to me ;)

3 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

Regulating traffic is a major thing in a space game.....  especially when that traffic can fight back..... as i said, sound like an army to me ;)

How will the traffic fight back?

21 minutes ago, looCsIyerT said:

Its a sand box game, do you plan on policing someone who just built a death star?

No, the S.C. will only be actif in our federation and other nations who accept it, the policing will only be in our own territory.

Just now, CoreVamore said:

Pretty sure even basic frieghters will be armed and "dangerous" let alone other types of unknown craft......

It is prohibited to enter the federation's territory with guns on the vehicles! Please if you make agruments please read the whole thing before doing so!

1 minute ago, _Ginger_ said:

It is prohibited to enter the federation's territory with guns on the vehicles! Please if you make agruments please read the whole thing before doing so!

Lol.... so i guess nobody will be trading with u as only a fool would run gunless ships in renegade space.... think about it  ;)

12 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

Lol.... so i guess nobody will be trading with u as only a fool would run gunless ships in renegade space.... think about it  ;)

These laws apply to hover vehicles travelling within the cities belonging to our federation and others who accept it. There will be designated areas for cargo and trade vessels with self-defense systems. No flying traffic will be on or over the city streets.

On 7/14/2018 at 12:20 PM, _Ginger_ said:

The flying traffic will be prohibited in the cities, therefore planes and spaceships will have designated landing areas on the borders of the cities.

These cities are on planets of course. Not in space.

When you think about it for longer than 10 seconds our transport and resource vehicles to go outside the city will obviously have means to defend its self. Along with that, it states no flying traffic, implying that civilians will not have flying vehicles inside the city. Having a system that bans flying vehicles would be very counter productive.

The general question I ask myself with such no fly zones is practicality:

Someone comes from far away with a ship that is not large. Lands at the designated parking spots likely not in the inner city. Then what? I mean, a vehicle doesn't just pop up out of nowhere unless you bring one, but not all can bring one with them and whether those would fit the technical requirements is another question.

It's not necessarily a "problem" for this city or faction only but one in general.

So what solutions are there besides "have fun walking"? Do you intend businesses to have car shops or leasing programs or does the state (Alpha fed) intend to run potential car rentals or shops directly?

Furthermore, will cabs (run privately) be a thing at this time?

Other public transportation from those landing zones such as trains?

Assuming you can safely lock down weapons, as in either deactivate them by the user or via some forced zoning area in controlled areas, do you plan in relying on this and fine or punish only in cases of misuse... or would weapons need to be physically dismounted and absent?

This might be relevant for those who come from afar and bring their own car. Huh, nice rhyme.

Anyway, I think those are potentially interesting or vital questions. If not now, then at the latest when you build the city in a final version for release without further wipes on the horizon.

2 minutes ago, Warden said:

The general question I ask myself with such no fly zones is practicality:

Someone comes from far away with a ship that is not large. Lands at the designated parking spots likely not in the inner city. Then what? I mean, a vehicle doesn't just pop up out of nowhere unless you bring one, but not all can bring one with them and whether those would fit the technical requirements is another question.

It's not necessarily a "problem" for this city or faction only but one in general.

So what solutions are there besides "have fun walking"? Do you intend businesses to have car shops or leasing programs or does the state (Alpha fed) intend to run potential car rentals or shops directly?

Furthermore, will cabs (run privately) be a thing at this time?

Other public transportation from those landing zones such as trains?

Assuming you can safely lock down weapons, as in either deactivate them by the user or via some forced zoning area in controlled areas, do you plan in relying on this and fine or punish only in cases of misuse... or would weapons need to be physically dismounted and absent?

This might be relevant for those who come from afar and bring their own car. Huh, nice rhyme.

Anyway, I think those are potentially interesting or vital questions. If not now, then at the latest when you build the city in a final version for release without further wipes on the horizon.

Yes, there will be rental cars, public transport (bus, subway,...), we just want to make the City as safe as possible so the designated areas are outside the City, and on said landing areas every aircraft and spaceship can land weaponized or not.

We haven't thought of cabs yet because you could just rent a car for a few hours or longer,  and public transport  (bus & subway) will be free.

Of course there are going to be dealerships that sell cars.

The point of the S.C. is to prevent chaos, if everybody drove and flew how they wanted a lot of accidents would occur, so the S.C. is for HOVER VEHICLES. The only air & spacecraft that will be flying in the city belong to the police department, the Military and political authorities. 

Too many rules will mean less traffic! Good or Bad thing, you decide.

Next you'll be telling me I need to meet an emissions test because my engines are bad for the environment.

Really though I don't see the need for more than one rule

- Don't be an ass. 

I really like your ideas, I think things like this creates a stable and protected place to do trade, recreation and other activities.

I have a question? is it possible for players to get a special permit to fly ships in your territory? Like if I was trucker, or ally who had property, or something like that?

1 hour ago, supermega said:

I really like your ideas, I think things like this creates a stable and protected place to do trade, recreation and other activities.

I have a question? is it possible for players to get a special permit to fly ships in your territory? Like if I was trucker, or ally who had property, or something like that?

If you are an ally, a citizen or civilian (it's easier to get one as an ally or citizen of TFA) just go to the goverment request a Transportation permit, state your reason and give some general Information. Then the request will be proccesed and you'll get your permit, and if not, a valid reason will be stated.

The factors you have to have to get a permit are: an approved vehicle, a valid reason for wanting a permit, knowing the S.C. and paying a small fee.

I hope I could answer your questions.

Thanks for supporting this idea/project.

Kind regards Ginger

On 18/07/2018 at 2:52 AM, _Ginger_ said:

If you are an ally, a citizen or civilian (it's easier to get one as an ally or citizen of TFA) just go to the goverment request a Transportation permit, state your reason and give some general Information. Then the request will be proccesed and you'll get your permit, and if not, a valid reason will be stated.

The factors you have to have to get a permit are: an approved vehicle, a valid reason for wanting a permit, knowing the S.C. and paying a small fee.

I hope I could answer your questions.

Thanks for supporting this idea/project.

Kind regards Ginger

How will you make this permit?

How can your police check it remotely or even on demand?

How will they know the vehicle being piloted is one of the bazillion possible vehicles in DU?

10 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

How will you make this permit?

How can your police check it remotely or even on demand?

How will they know the vehicle being piloted is one of the bazillion possible vehicles in DU?

Every Permit will have a different number, and then if the Police wants to check it they just can search the number in the data base and check if it's the correct Person flying the Vehicle.

The Permit will have a description and Picture of the ship, and also probably some kind of Registration plate.

Kind regards

Ginger

4 minutes ago, _Ginger_ said:

Every Permit will have a different number, and then if the Police wants to check it they just can search the number in the data base and check if it's the correct Person flying the Vehicle.

The Permit will have a description and Picture of the ship, and also probably some kind of Registration plate.

Kind regards

Ginger

Then again, wouldn't a persons actual name, and/or vehicles registration plate number, be a better solution than a permit number?

1 hour ago, CoreVamore said:

Then again, wouldn't a persons actual name, and/or vehicles registration plate number, be a better solution than a permit number?

When the person gets stopped by the Police, they will ask for his permit number and check if his name and the plate correspond with the permit, and if everything is alright , the Driver can Keep driving, if something is wrong the Driver will have to go to the Police Station or refresh his Permit at the Government.

Kind regards

Ginger