Ship Design Atelier (Holo Deck)

vertex

2 hours ago, Elildar said:

Another good point about this system, since matter is only photons, is that you could anytime unload a project from a "holo deck" to load another one. So multiple team could work in the same "holo deck" at different hours.

Hehe, an exchangeable blueprint floppy disc! :lol: ...srsly, I like that. Ok, a floppy data crystal then.

2 hours ago, Miamato said:

I don't understand your concern about having drone. If you created a blueprint in ghost mode, why do you need to build the same thing but physical again manually? According to your logic there should be totally no automated building, that means people would need to create things manually again and again, that would be fun only for first 2-3 times. Then it becomes just grind. If you read my previous messages - I suggested approach to take time and require player to be within drone operation range. 

Why? You shouldn't be able to build it in few minutes or hours. But if you are rich enough and have all the resources, plenty of time, then why you can't do it? Just because 'team-play rules the world'? It would be harder but not impossible as you want it to be. 

Mhm yeah, and swarm the market with thousands of constructs and cheap ships so that large alliances can just keep building hundreds of constructs per day without the need too actually put effort in it (your drone idea doesn't need much attention - putting resources in a container or on some person isn't that big of a dealhead) - I'm curious to see the drama on the forum when ppl are constantly attacked because it's cheap af

By all means, if you're rich enough and put thousands of hours in it - why not. Just make suresure you build it in the arkzone

I'm not against the holo idea, you have to put resources in it to get something out of it. So that's fine

Actualy, I should be able to build a 2km ship on my own. Well, a 2 km long stick with an engine at one end and a cockpit at the other. It seems like DU will turn out quite like Dune, mainly because of the lack of automation(computers are banned in Dune)

Back to the point, how about a nanoformer mode that aligns to the holiprojections? So, If I have a hallway blueprint holoprojected, then provided I have the right materials,  I can just nanoform the shape of the hallway. 

Intel from the videos: you have a tool to select, copy and paste sections of voxels, so you should be able to nanoform/create such a section without the need of a projector - given that you created it before. I'm confident this will consume materials as if you were building it voxel by voxel.

I don't know tho how or if blueprints will be able to transfer Section A from Construct A to Construct B - but I've read somewhere that you could create a blueprint from "just voxel parts" to have someone else fit in the elements - sounds kinda like it. My guess is that the current concept already provides similar possibilities :)

I think this is a fantastic idea. As opposed to having a "side" gamemode used for creating, why not have it built into the game as a sort of "meta-gameplay" aspect. Take some resources (energy) to power the "holo deck" and start building. Obviously you can still build using regular hand tools but this would likely be more efficient in the long run (perhaps even displaying diagnostic information). 

This would also be great for some higher-level play and corp vs corp interactions. Imagine the espionage you could conduct if you managed to get access to someone elses holo deck, or steal their blueprints.