Is URBI being used in Dual Universe?

yamamushi

I'm wondering if URBI is being used in Dual Universe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URBI

The page doesn't specifically mention Video Games, however the documentation for it says:

"Although made with robots in mind, the UObject architecture is well suited to tame any heavily concurrent environment, such as video games or complex systems in general."

It would make sense if NQ is using Urbi, though if you didn't read the Wikipedia page you probably have no idea why I'm asking this (Hint: Check the references). 

I'm also interested in a patent that I dug up from 2008 that I'm a bit confused about, but I'm not sure I should post that here. If you're so inclined, it's fairly easy to find if you know what you're looking for. 

Isn't that sort of why they went with Lua, though?

Two different things.

LUA is the interface they are giving players to interact with the components in the game.

URBI would be something used on the backend for parallelising computation. That's only if they are actually using URBI, and JC Baillie didn't decide to write something entirely new for DU. 

The reason why I'm interested in this, is it will shed more light for me on what the patent from 2008 was for. 

The reason why I'm interested in this, is it will shed more light for me on what the patent from 2008 was for. 

Wow, holy shit, that sounds like something you should probably ask them directly.

• 2 weeks later...

Having read the devblogs on how the DPUs will work and reading this Wikipedia article I can say with almost absolute certainty that that is how the DPUs will run on the backend.  The plug and play thing is exactly how he describes the DPUs to work.