Questions from a new fan

GeneralAdrian

Hi!

I recently found out about this game and I must say it is more or less exactly what I have always wanted! There are however some questions I am wondering about. I have been lurking a bit on the forums, and I am currently trying to read the devlogs.

1. How large ships, stations, buildings and structures is it possible to make?

2. Will it be possible to couple and decouple different parts of ships? Example: Lucrehulk Coreship attaching to the half ring in orbit. Or a jedi starfighter attaching and decoupling to a hyperdrive ring.

3. By using AI and self made AI scripts, or any other ways, can you be able to make your own civilization without the need of other players?

4. Will there be AI civilizations?

5. Will there be newtonian laws in the game? Example: Planets in orbit, day/night cycle etc.

Not as important questions:

6. Will there be underwater stuff, like swimming, submarines, underwater buildings etc?

7. Will there be animals in the game?

8. Is planet destructions possible?

9. If newtonian laws are a thing, is it possible to change the orbit of planets/moons?

10. Will the AI you create look like Humans or will it only be like AI systems onboard etc?

11. Will AI spawn if a city is created?

So many questions, but these are those that I could come up with right now.

Hi!

I recently found out about this game and I must say it is more or less exactly what I have always wanted! There are however some questions I am wondering about. I have been lurking a bit on the forums, and I am currently trying to read the devlogs.

1. How large ships, stations, buildings and structures is it possible to make?

2. Will it be possible to couple and decouple different parts of ships? Example: Lucrehulk Coreship attaching to the half ring in orbit. Or a jedi starfighter attaching and decoupling to a hyperdrive ring.

3. By using AI and self made AI scripts, or any other ways, can you be able to make your own civilization without the need of other players?

4. Will there be AI civilizations?

5. Will there be newtonian laws in the game? Example: Planets in orbit, day/night cycle etc.

Not as important questions:

6. Will there be underwater stuff, like swimming, submarines, underwater buildings etc?

7. Will there be animals in the game?

8. Is planet destructions possible?

9. If newtonian laws are a thing, is it possible to change the orbit of planets/moons?

10. Will the AI you create look like Humans or will it only be like AI systems onboard etc?

11. Will AI spawn if a city is created?

So many questions, but these are those that I could come up with right now.

-1. How large ships, stations, buildings and structures is it possible to make?

Basiclly as large as you want, but the devs are aiming for automatic blancing, meaning that the larger a ship gets the slower it is needing more reactors/thrusters making ships just scale in cost making large constructs virtualy impossible because of the high production cost.

-2. Will it be possible to couple and decouple different parts of ships? Example: Lucrehulk Coreship attaching to the half ring in orbit. Or a jedi starfighter attaching and decoupling to a hyperdrive ring.

Carriers have been confirmed but we have no details on how they will work

-3. By using AI and self made AI scripts, or any other ways, can you be able to make your own civilization without the need of other players?

You can automate prodcution and ship flying but it has been confirmed that completly automatic civilization will be impossible because of limitations

- 4. Will there be AI civilizations?

We have no information if Ai Civs will be in the game, probably no though

- 5. Will there be newtonian laws in the game? Example: Planets in orbit, day/night cycle etc.

The game is confirmed to have newtonian mechanics but we have no information to which extend

- 6. Will there be underwater stuff, like swimming, submarines, underwater buildings etc?

Water/liquids and Underwater building have been confirmed

- 7. Will there be animals in the game?

I cant remeber but i think that animals have been confirmed DONT QUOTE ME ON THAT

- 8. Is planet destructions possible?

Planets can be completly deformed (they are made out of voxels see space engineers) but we have no informations on complete destruction

- 9. If newtonian laws are a thing, is it possible to change the orbit of planets/moons?

No information but it is certainly a NO because applying the math for that to a MMO is impossible and so unecessary that we can certainly say that it wont be possible

- 10. Will the AI you create look like Humans or will it only be like AI systems onboard etc?

I (!!) have no information on that, i think there where npc mentioned on the fourms but i have no information

- 11. Will AI spawn if a city is created?

IF we can create NPC you can create them yourself but the game aims for player interaction meaning that self spawning NPCS are probably a no

I GIVE NO GUARANTEE THAT ANY OF THIS INFORMATION ARE CORRECT, feel free to correct me

Hi, nice list of questions you have there, as I'm on my phone I'll just be quick and give a simple answer to the best of my knowledge, others may need to fill the gaps or correct me :)

1) As big as you like,there has been no mention of a maximum ship/station size and its been mentioned that it is potentially totally infinite, given you can make it ect.

2) we don't know, would be nice to have, multistage rockets come to mind also detachable warheads and such, I think with the benefits decoupling could bring they'd be crazy to leave it out. But maybe connecting two separate constructs might be to much we don't know, at least I haven't seen any confirmations on this.

3) Simple answer, yes. It's been said that currently you could make a lua script so complex that you can develop a self replicating robot, so I don't seen any limitations at the moment that would stop you making a out of lua coded robots.

4) No, only AI we know of it aboard the starter arkship, other than that it's either wait for kickstarter to see if they add it as a stretch goal like mentioned or if they decided to add it in anyway, but im sure Nyz has said there are no current plans to incorporate AI outside the arksite.

5) We don't know, there are threads dedicated to asking and speculating, but the actual mechanics I don't think we have a confirmation on. Orbits would be good, but then there are a list of extra things required to make it work above stationary planets and such. However with there being a infinite universe, I don't see how they could not do it and still have solar systems and such, it would just be points to go to not planets. I hope for orbits ect.

6) Liquid water, yes. Physics behind it. We dont know and Nyz has commented saying it's too early to mention anything g about it sadly. So it's a wait and see on this one.

7) To be honest, I don't know. One of the things don't think I've seen anything g official from at all. Will check and come back to you.

8) Yes, on point damage, if you shoot at a position the planet will be destroyed/damaged at that location. You could dig with explosives.

9) ERM, there was a response to this but I cant remember of it was official or not. But we don't think is will be possible, think of the calculations needed if every planet was moveable. I started a post on this topic somewhere you can find it, it has some more information for it. (On phone so can't link)

10) Depends what you apply the code to, but I'm assuming not human like as voxels are 25cm^2 and they will be the things to hold and lua scripted constructs you make.

11) Don't think so, see reply 4. Again we only know of the arkship AI.

I hope I helped you at least a little bit. If not, well I'm sure there will be bothered to come and help you out :)

Nora,

Thank you both for your time! I must say I am even more hyped about this game now!

It sounds almost too good to be true.

One thing to keep in mind is the foundational aspects of the game.

Think of the game as a pyramid. In order for you to eventually place the capstone on the top, you need to make the rest of it first, starting with the base.

There is a lot of stuff planned for Dual and Novaquark has been extremely transparent about their desires and goals, but making a game costs money. They currently employ about 25 people and are working on the foundation systems, systems that will make the game good enough for an alpha state, and good enough to entice players. This is when they will look into funding.

I guess what I am trying to say is that although it does sound too good to be true, it's really not if they are able to hit their goals on their game plan. We will not see all the systems in place during alpha, some of this will come later, maybe even after an initial launch.

The only reason I am saying all this is so you will be prepared on what to expect, and expect it in a realistic time line. I fully believe Novaquark will deliver on what they say they will, but it will not all come at launch. It does sound amazing and it will be fun that we are all a part of this :D

-1. How large ships, stations, buildings and structures is it possible to make?

Basiclly as large as you want, but the devs are aiming for automatic blancing, meaning that the larger a ship gets the slower it is needing more reactors/thrusters making ships just scale in cost making large constructs virtualy impossible because of the high production cost.

My main concern or interpretation of this question is: Will large ships take a  huge toll on the FPS? Can a server possibly handle so many calculations of ship movement of thousands of people hypothetically flying huge ships? Will it be like space engineers where the simulation speed drops dramatically?