Who's up for some Rocket Races?

Ripper

They have racing in SC. But they dont do it very well. The courses arent that great, and you cant tweak your ship. My guess is DU will be the perfect game to have tinkerers and pilots test their skills.

Your chances of beating me in any racing situation is approximately 3720:1..... :).. But nah, I'm waiting on the full game to come on out, sick of all the crap that follows it now, some people are just not very 'smart' when it comes to SC...

Could be done in game like the racing course in Battlescape. Chopping it up like Star Citizen would be a mistake. 

As much as I would love to play around with the various aspects of DU while waiting for full release, I hope they never cut it up into bits and pieces. I would rather them focus on the game and get it done a month sooner than toss us little scraps along the way. 

Whos to say THEY need to develop a race course. It would be interesting to see if WE could.

I agree, I think its something players will do. You could set up tournaments for it.  That is until some pirate comes in with a planetary bombardment ship as people are gathered to watch. 

I agree, I think its something players will do. You could set up tournaments for it.  That is until some pirate comes in with a planetary bombardment ship as people are gathered to watch. 

Well then you just hire mercenaries or hire the local military as a defence force. This is where the emergent game play will shine. Where you need to consider trading not just items with other people, but other peoples time and resources to assist you in ways we can not yet think about, as we are not in the game :)

I can't wait to attend something like this and watch the action unfold :)

Also, 303 Posts.

Well then you just hire mercenaries or hire the local military as a defence force. This is where the emergent game play will shine. Where you need to consider trading not just items with other people, but other peoples time and resources to assist you in ways we can not yet think about, as we are not in the game :)

I can't wait to attend something like this and watch the action unfold :)

Also, 300 Posts.

Liar, its at 303