How about third person view?

enjeyy

Hey community and dear NQ,

Reading this https://massivelyop.com/2023/02/17/leaderboard-do-you-prefer-first-person-or-third-person-perspective-while-gaming/ reminded me that at some point there was a feature list with a voting option and we had third person view with quite some support on the list. I personally find third person much more immersive and role play supporting and since this is not a shooter I really don't see any downsides. In addition, outfits and pets are nearly pointless in first person as you never see them actually. So I'd kindly suggest adding a third person camera as an option, so everybody can play as they wish. 

Thank you!

The option to use a 3rd person view would make the game a lot more enjoyable for me.

A little perspective from the comment section of that article.  Sorry i just thought this was funny...

Your average 3rd person view preferer:

I’m playing ESO and i find myself switching between first-person and third-person, i prefer third-person in most games.

Your average forced 1st person perspective preferer:

sry Quantic Foundry, but thats not how science, but voodoh works.

nominality aint modality. people do the same things for different reasons, which leads to massive bias due to low-resolution analysis. esp. socio-cultural factors (as displayed in socio-economic status by Tabard, Nicole) like ethnicity, family, education, career etc. r basics for every socio-economical trendmodeling.

big scale (sample size) and low resolution (segmentation) again leads to massive bias, as apples will taste much greener than oranges, but r bananas.

also median, outliers (r the most valueable data for verification), contra-indication (insider joke, cuz obv. the data is pathological) etc.

the data itself is already compromised by ignoring the above quoted required basics in their survey, its as esoteric as every election poll. and while election polls have the benefit of RNG due to low choice capacity, surveys on consumer behavior require deep data to (analyse and) model trends.

On 2/18/2023 at 8:17 AM, Atmosph3rik said:

The option to use a 3rd person view would make the game a lot more enjoyable for me.

A little perspective from the comment section of that article.  Sorry i just thought this was funny...

Your average 3rd person view preferer:

Your average forced 1st person perspective preferer:

Excellent example. 

and it’s not just 1st person vs 3rd person where this kind of difference manifests, either. 

Some people have black belts in mental gymnastics. 

• 3 weeks later...