Absolute Biggest Bang for Your Buck things NQ could do in the short-term to improve DU

EmbyrCelyca

9 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

.good lore breach

Hrrm. Personally, I ignore the "lore". A 12 year old could write a more consistent set of "lore" to explain, well, everything. I consider any stories we have "explaining" the situation or technology to be the half-assed rationalisations that were fed into our (characters') sleeping minds while they were aboard the Arkship. Maybe it's "true". Maybe it fits the facts (more or, largely, less). Probably it's desperate ad-libbing.

Just assume "space magic".

34 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

Just assume "space magic".

Better?  ;)

The Aphelia Paradox

DreamState

I always saw space as a dark place but coming from Earth at the brink of destruction gave it a spark of light. For a brief moment i see the stars fly by as i am able to look through the bay window. Probably i should get a coffee before Aphelia throws us into another round of manipulation. What am i thinking, i always forget that these moments between renditions are also manipulations of the mind and even the stars i think i see are fake.

Physical and psychic testing, and a lot of them, just to determine if we could be manipulated for thousands of years in this system, even knowing it is all fake is one huge frustration that not all of us could cope with. Where are we going anyway, and even better who was I, time erased memories, knowledge and for me even my name, it must be on my suit but as we are in continues cryosleep we are not able to see it.

Countdown has started again, texts are flowing before my eyes, patch notes, updates, renditions of planets, and a sweet message from Aphelia that we have arrived on our location, again. 

“Error, system malfunction, rendition invalid, total reset to unknown parameters, supernova imminent”

Well this is new, I cannot remember we ever had this scenario, at least i guess this is a scenario and not actually happening. 

“Cryo Tubes activation in 10 minutes, Landing on unknown in T minus 2”

Ok, this is slightly worrying, slowly i feel to be ripped out of my dream state while i see the moist enter the Cryo tube. For a moment i doubt reality but then the tube opens and i see faces i have not seen for a long time.

“Hey, how are you doing” someone is asking me and i respond that i am doing fine, truth said I do feel like shit and stiff all over.

“Come give me a hand, I will help you out” I take the hand and with some trouble i get out of the Tube and thank the man that helped me. In the distance i can see a blue planet, it looks just like earth, smaller but is has a sea and land and for now that is close enough.

Two moons i can see, definitely not earth and we are closing in much to fast for this Arc, with this speed we will crash into the planet and die before we even started saving humanity.

“Brace for impact, this is not a drill, repeat, this is not a drill”

We are fracked and according to the yelling and shouting around me most people agree but we still have about 1 hour before the shit hits the fan.

Time for a coffee.