Coming back to see how things are after a year and half.... game crashing more than before? is this normal?

Hazaatan

So I came back to see the new changes.  My stuff is mostly gone, except for some random ship parts.  Why?

Most important, I keep crashing.  Was setting talent points, crash.  Walking around where my factory used to be, crash.  Spawn my pocket ship, crash.

Game runs smooth otherwise.  Is this a known issue?

'An unhandled exception has been caught.  An error report will be launched.'

Also, my pocket ship says elements are colliding and deactivated... Did some changes to elements make them collide?  it doesn't show anywhere on build mode.

Edited by Hazaatan

The latest big patch seems particularly buggy.

They put anti stacking checks in place which stops elements from working if placed too close together.

Your stuff is all gone because you have to pay tax to keep territories now.

Most people are expecting release to be later this summer, and they expect a major wipe, so most people are waiting for that.

Regular client crashes is not normal. Check your logs to see what is triggering the event. Some of the more common issues are running out of memory (buy more RAM) or trying to access a missing game file (perform a clean reinstall of the game). If the error is not obvious to you, send your logs to NQ support at support.dualthegame.com and they can help you figure it out. 

Shredder already covered your other questions but here are some links to the associated posts if you want to read through it yourself.

Best of luck and welcome back.

Thank you for the replies.  Taxes??  that just feels dirty.

A wipe makes sense and makes my missing stuff hurt a little less.  

A release? I am confused.  Still feels like an unfinished game.

Noob question: where do I find my logs?

15 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

Noob question: where do I find my logs?

At the top right of the main login screen is a debug menu. It has an option that takes you directly to the logfile directory.

You can also access it manually at C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\NQ

22 minutes ago, Msoul said:

At the top right of the main login screen is a debug menu. It has an option that takes you directly to the logfile directory.

You can also access it manually at C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\NQ

Thank you