Make our ship designs exportable in a format 3D printers can make. [Game Suggestion]

ADCOne

Not sure if this one has been suggested yet and I do not currently own a 3D printer however, it would be nice to be able to export my ship designs ready to print to a 3D printer. Which I do hope to own one day :)

The virtual scaffolding projector uses blender files, when in front of a 3d file in blender, you are mere steps away from converting it into a format a 3d printer can use. Though it's a bit more complicated than clicking a button for conversion, and possibly involves more than one software.

Personally I'm on 360 fusion and work in their file format which I convert to STL files so I don't know much about blender. But an advanced blender user should definitly be able to output STL or such.

13 hours ago, ADCOne said:

Not sure if this one has been suggested yet and I do not currently own a 3D printer however, it would be nice to be able to export my ship designs ready to print to a 3D printer. Which I do hope to own one day :)

You used to be able to easily do this, all the 3D models were accessible via URL- could easily download them and convert/prep easily. It was shut down. IIRC the models didn't have any of the elements, and were bare voxels/mesh only.