Fixing "new" element collisions

Daphne Jones

So my carefully built ship with no element collisions is suddenly flagged as having colliding elements WTF?

Assuming I want to fix the ship rather than just quit the game (not determined yet), is there any way to determine which elements are colliding or does NQ expect me to try to fix this f---ing blind? Something on the right click menu? A lua function to query it?

There has to be a better way to stop the element stacking exploit. Just don't let multiple people edit the same construct at the same time. (Yeah, I know. That would be very annoying for some, but not insurmountable as this is.)

Oh, so the answer is the leftmost tab on the build helper marks colliding elements by type. You still have to check all 20 programming boards to find the one that's colliding with something. This needs to be a lot better. Show me which PB and what it's colliding with.

On this relatively simple ship with only three element types colliding and one of those unique, fixing it wasn't too bad. But on most of my ships, this could have been a nightmare.

5 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

Oh, so the answer is the leftmost tab on the build helper marks colliding elements by type. You still have to check all 20 programming boards to find the one that's colliding with something. This needs to be a lot better. Show me which PB and what it's colliding with.

If you hit tab and hover the mouse over the colliding element(s) in that list,  then hit tab, the colliding element will remain red.