Tombola of Safe Asteroids in PVP Space

Hirnsausen

I can imagine a tombola where the winners get the warp mark for an asteroid inside the PVP area that however has an own Safe Zone.  Only that player can claim that asteroid, using a territory claiming device like on any of the planets.

I intentionally leave itt up to each of you to add more flesh o my suggestion, like
- participation conditions for that tombola
- total amount of such asteroids
- size of asteroid
- ore on that asteroid
- limits on ship amount allowed in that safe zone to avoid misuse as safe fleet base
- limits of weapons for the same purpose as above
- possible usages for these asteroids (research of rare technologies or distant solar systems, or simply as special residence, etc.)

So, folks, come up with your ideas! Looking forward to see them!

• Hirnsausen changed the title to Tombola of Safe Asteroids in PVP Space

English (deepl used)

I find the idea of the lottery very interesting.

My approach would be to announce all asteroids by lottery. 

All players get the opportunity to know the location of an asteroid by a lottery. The player receives the message through an entry in the event window and then has 48 hours to visit the asteroid before it is deleted again. If he has entered the asteroid within the aforementioned period, he gets another 48 hours to extract it. After that, the position is announced to everyone.

If an asteroid is not mined for 48 hours or is empty, it is deleted and a new asteroid is created somewhere in the system and is drawn.

The maximum life of the asteroid is 1 week.

This means that all game elements except for the DSAT are available and can be used by all players.

It goes without saying that several asteroids are in the system at the same time.

German (original)

Die Idee mit dem Losverfahren finde ich sehr Interessant.

Mein Ansatz wäre alle Asteroiden im Losverfahren bekannt zu geben. 

Alle Spieler erhalten durch Los die Möglichkeit den Ort eines Asteroiden zu kennen. Der Spieler erhält die Nachricht durch einen Eintrag im Ereignisfenster und hat dann 48Stunden Zeit den Asteroiden aufzusuchen bevor dieser wieder gelöscht wird. Hat er ihn innerhalt der vorgenannten Frist betreten bekommt er weitere 48Stunden um ihn auszubeuten. Danach wird die Position für alle bekannt gegeben.

Wird ein Asteroid 48Stunden nicht mehr bearbeitet oder er ist leer wird er gelöscht und ein neuer Asteroid entsteht irgendwo im System und wird ausgelost.

Die maximale Lebensdauer des Asteroiden ist 1 Woche.

Damit sind alle Spielelemente bis auf das DSAT vorhanden und für alle Spieler benutzbar.

Es versteht sich von selbst, dass mehrere Asteroiden gleichzeitig im System sind.

Die Waldfee

Asteroids were introduced as the PvP players were complaining that they had nothing to do as there was no reason to leave the safe zone. I can’t imagine NQ reversing that and making them easiler. Though with the coming patch they are bring a lot more into the safe zone due to no underground mining on planets

I could imagine that those special asteroids are staying and do not disappear. hey can however, move through the solar system, and maybe one day even between solar systems.

I would use such an asteroid to build a nice beautiful residence and stay there if I feel for a hideout or vacation.
If such an asteroid has ore, I would mine it, maybe. But I can imagine, oo, to search it for artifacts or even fossils of ancient alien life, and then to research on whatever I have found.

The tombola/lottery would allow each player to have a chance to win such an asteroid, so it is not just for PVP players only.

These special asteroids must not allow more than 1 or 2 ships to be inside their safe zone, to ensure no one can use them as totally protected PVP ship base.

The owner can build/buy a defence force field and install it on that asteroid, from that moment on all other ships cannot land anymore on that asteroid.

Would be nice if we could plant flowers, trees, bushes, herbs, etc. on designated areas or on "field" elements after an "atmosphere holding"" field generator has been insttalled. A further option is a gravity generator which the player can set to any gravity (s)he wants, up to maybe 5G.