Territory Units with timers to replace territory taxes???

Sabretooth

I was thinking about the territory taxes:

Could the TU's be set on a timer to be active, just like when you sell things.

-7 days 150k

-30 days 500k

-90 days 1000k (the infamous 1 mill)

(maybe tweak it to 1mill for 45 days and 1.5 mill for 90 days)

-Have a seperate tab for that of course to manage the TU's

-And we can put them on auto-extend with a simple on/off switch.

-Have the switch in the map menu also for easy management.

-No adding of time, so if you got a territory for 150K, make some quanta, and you want to extend it to 30 days. It starts with the 30 days and doesnt add up to the days you have left on your timer

-After the timer reaches zero, your TU will become abandoned (blue coloured??), So its even easier for the next player to grab your tile. I mean, if there is a TU unit there, there must be treasure. So hunting and using hovers to scout planets now becomes a game, since we cant see TU's from to high up. (Or hide your TU)

-Have the scanner rework to detect elements. So even if you have an underground base and you've lost the territory. It is still hidden and must be found first before be able to be reclaimed. This way you can log in after 8 months or so and still have your secret base somewhere and reclaim it yourself. (Have abandoned structures not show up on radar, only on scanner)

Since we cant no more drop in and speedmine, but have to set up stuff that will prolly go at a slow rate. This will solve many things I think.

Also, this way even players that quit can hold on to their cities with ease for a longer period of time.

But when it comes to hogging 100s of tiles cuz you have found a mega there, it will cost you.

I have 3 tiles outside of my sanct tile (I live on a space base). They are not because of megas, but because of much random ore on them. I barely even visit the tiles for mining because I mine where ever I am closest to. So its unneccisary hogging of tiles on my part. So its true that taxes will help a little, but I do not think it should be too pricey!

So what you guys n girls think of this?