• yes
    • no
    • im not sure
  2. 2. are you excited for .24?

• yes
    • no
    • i dont know
    • ill wait and see
  3. 3. how do you feel about NQs decision making?

• very bad
    • bad
    • im in the middle
    • good
    • very good
    • im not sure

15 hours ago, Fra119 said:

I mean, if they blindly picked a game among all the sandboxes/building games out there and shamelessly copied it we would have had a system a thousand times better, but hey, schematics (and bots) were probably the easiest and quickest way to solve their problems and they went for them.

You mean, they didn't?
it's amazing just how much like Empyrion DU is. Truly.
Heck if I know who copied of who, but someone did. It's hard to justify that many system design overlaps otherwise.
Now if only DU "developed" similar power and CPU constraints, a lot of the issues would simply go away.
Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, StaticAstraeus said:

Heck if I know who copied of who, but someone did. It's hard to justify that many system design overlaps otherwise.

DU borrowed from Empyrion obviously, because its much older game (was released as Beta in 2015, while DU was some sort of early prototype at best).

Still I think I saw similiar "build around core" idea used even before Empyrion, encountered it first time at 7Days2Die with bases.

1 hour ago, StaticAstraeus said:

You mean, they didn't?
it's amazing just how much like Empyrion DU is. Truly.
Now if only DU "developed" similar power and CPU constraints, a lot of the issues would simply go away.
Fingers crossed. 

As far as I can remember empyrion does have a tech tree, it's not like you unlock technologies by purchasing schematics from bots.

To be clear, I have no issue with buying access to schematics: historically, people have paid great prices to get access to information they didn't have.
However, I don't believe it should be the only path. One should be able to "research" and unlock access. 

By extension, some high level item schematics should not be purchasable at all, and should only be obtained through research (though that's just the engineer in me speaking) 

I do take issue with forcing people to group in order to overcome the game system: people should want to group to enjoy the game system.

The first option is work, the second is leisure: Identifying were the first one ends and the second begins is an art form.