A new player question

cryptodarkgamer

Hi, I'm a Spanish streamer and I really like science fiction games. I have played all of them (eve, Elite dangerous, etc.) and I've been thinking about starting in Dual universe for a few weeks but I have several doubts, I apologize if they have already been answered I have not been able to find them (I have looked for them)

The game is currently in beta, but you still have to pay a monthly fee to play it. once the game is finished and launched, what will happen to the players who have been paying? They have some kind of benefit or advantage or they will start the game like any other player who buys it on the day of its launch.??

Have you considered translating the game into Spanish like this one for other languages such as French or German?

This is something that the community does not fully understand about the gaming companies, Spanish is the 4th most spoken language in the world in number of people (537 million) and the third in number of countries (27 countries)

but we always have to find that games and companies ignore us and release games in less spoken languages such as German, for example that is only spoken in 8 countries and that has 20% of people in the world compared to Spanish .

I sincerely hope that Dual universe does not add to the number of games that do this, since the Hispanic community is very faithful to the games that treat them well and it would not be the first game that is translated for free by the community itself if they let us .

11 minutes ago, cryptodarkgamer said:

The game is currently in beta, but you still have to pay a monthly fee to play it. once the game is finished and launched, what will happen to the players who have been paying? They have some kind of benefit or advantage or they will start the game like any other player who buys it on the day of its launch.??

Supposedly, there won't be a reset once the game goes live -- so people playing now will keep the progress they made during beta. However, it isn't really certain if that will still be the case because there have been a few glitches that have affected the economy and given some players a lot of wealth. NQ won't really confirm one way or the other, but if they do wipe it is likely that you'll be able to keep some progress if not all. 

14 minutes ago, cryptodarkgamer said:

Have you considered translating the game into Spanish like this one for other languages such as French or German?

This is something that the community does not fully understand about the gaming companies, Spanish is the 4th most spoken language in the world in number of people (537 million) and the third in number of countries (27 countries)

but we always have to find that games and companies ignore us and release games in less spoken languages such as German, for example that is only spoken in 8 countries and that has 20% of people in the world compared to Spanish .

I sincerely hope that Dual universe does not add to the number of games that do this, since the Hispanic community is very faithful to the games that treat them well and it would not be the first game that is translated for free by the community itself if they let us .

I agree. Unfortunately, decisions like this tend to be made because of economics and not fairness. 

For example, here's a chart that shows population, gamer population, and game revenue in millions (bolded):

1    China    1,439    637    44,000    Chinese
    2    United States of America    331    190    41,300    English
    3    Japan    126    67    19,500    Japanese
    4    Republic of Korea    51    32    7,100    Korean
    5    Germany    84    45    6,600    German
    6    United Kingdom    68    35    6,100    English
    7    France    65    35    4,400    French
    8    Canada    38    21    3,400    English, French
    9    Italy    60    35    3,000    Italian
    10    Spain    47    27    2,900    Spanish

(Source: https://www.localizedirect.com/posts/which-languages

That's why studios translate to German...because they think there's more German gamers that spend more, but don't bother to do the math and sum the values for all Spanish-speaking countries. 

I can understand that it is calculated in proportion to the players who pay but I think those statistics start from a wrong point. Are there more people from other languages than Spanish paying? Yes, of course, I have been a gamer for 30 years and I have practically played any paid game, free and pay to win and it is assumed that it is because the community is less willing but the reality is that the percentage of games "of payment "ewn Spanish is minimal so obviously they are not going to pay fees to games that have not taken the trouble to make it easy. However, there are many micro-payment games, or pay to win where authentic fortunes are left in the Hispanic community. I put the example of albion where many players (almost everyone I know) pay not only the monthly payment if they do not also put money in gold , approximately 20 or 30 euros per month.

Having said this, I add that there are many ways that do not involve a great economic expense for the company to translate the game, the community itself is in charge of enabling the appropriate tools, for example elder scroll online has patches and addons made by the community and authorized by the game that They translate it, albion online has a translation made by the community and they have enabled automated systems to "report" mistranslated phrases or words, so that the game automatically corrects it. I think that the effort is small for the huge target of the public to which there is access, besides there is no ... and I would like to emphasize this, there are no large multiplayer games of this theme in Spanish and that is an advantage

DU has safe zone where you can achieve any Pve goal easily. Payment wise i think we are going Eve style. Sub + token in game that can be bought with quanta. Developer said, no f2p no open beta due to several mechanics that can affect the current player base at the end of the event when they will leave. They can do anyday a F2P planet and trap ppl there which i think its a nice and smart thing to do after release :D

1 hour ago, Elitez said:

@michaelkwe will have wipes but progress wont be affected. those riches you see are worthless, its just quanta which you can easily mine in 1 month and buy everything you need.

Whether the riches are worthless will depend on the PVP implementation. If wealth gives a significant advantage for PVP, then allowing players to keep the gains from bugs will be more damaging to the game.

44 minutes ago, fiddlybits said:

Whether the riches are worthless will depend on the PVP implementation. If wealth gives a significant advantage for PVP, then allowing players to keep the gains from bugs will be more damaging to the game.

1st and 2nd wave of bot orders are the major sources of inflated quanta. Schematics only moved the progress a bit. It would have been only a matter of time until those players would have reached that tier also but since NQ dumped the schematics knowingly (imho) i know it was a trick used maybe to hide something else, like the 2nd wave of bot orders ? :)