Courier missions and pirate

Guest Cptsigh

Guest Cptsigh

Seeing as they will add mission systems to the game, delivery will be one of them I see a few issue's. One issue would be motivation to move carge. Example client A wants 5kl  of iron from teoma to alioth for say 1mill, why would a driver want do that when selling the ore is more worth it. The client would want to save as much as possible aswell. 

My solution for this is not knowing what the shipment is,  to do shipments or delivery missions you have a element that works like containers (possibly varying in size like normal containers) these elements work like shipping containers irl client loads cargo and seals it. This would make cargo missions payout more based on weight than items. 

On a side note could also be more fun for pirates, get a mystery box maybe with a timer before it can be unlocked so client and driver has a chance to reobtain. Another spin off would be after pirates blow up ship a emergency feature kicks in locking the container for a short time. Turning it into a defend the loot. Also giving mercenary orgs a chance.

I wanna truck but knowing what I do about economy's it isnt viable to do for someone else atm.

24 minutes ago, Guest Cptsigh said:

Another spin off would be after pirates blow up ship a emergency feature kicks in locking the container to it's **current location** for a short time. Turning it into a defend the loot. Also giving mercenary orgs a chance.

Current location important wording

10 hours ago, Guest Cptsigh said:

My solution for this is not knowing what the shipment is,  to do shipments or delivery missions you have a element that works like containers (possibly varying in size like normal containers) these elements work like shipping containers irl client loads cargo and seals it. This would make cargo missions payout more based on weight than items

Or...just simply add a collateral

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, Guest Cptsigh said:

Example client A wants 5kl  of iron from teoma to alioth for say 1mill, why would a driver want do that when selling the ore is more worth it. The client would want to save as much as possible aswell. 

Well That's not how anyone will do that kind of thing. They will ask for a collateral to be paid first 

Space Pirates could work if they could perma flag their account to allow them to pvp on any other planet but alioth that allowed them to pvp, loot, or destroy others property in exchange for not being able to put down territories in Alioth so that they would then have the same things done to them in return. Anyone could PvP them or go to their bases and destroy them and loot whatever they have as there would be no property rights at all for them. SO if they want to go against everyone else in the game but they are essentially permanantly PvP flagged and cannot trade on Alioth either.

I also think that Organizations should be able to declare war on each other with some kind of high price data cube (100-500mil+?) where orgs could flag all territories, ships, etc to flag for pvp or looting between those orgs or their allies if their allies want to help they would have to buy the war data cube. Everyone else would be unpvpable in safe zone areas but still expensive enough that large orgs couldnt just pvp every org in the game. I dont see much point in pvp in this game beyond the funzies of going aha got you trying to go to another planet while you brake for the griefing aspects.

I think there should also be mass public Orgs for police or military that when anyone is pvp'd it pings a protectorate force to that area to keep order that is above organizations to restore order to a planetary system or solar system. I cant see us as a civilization jumping on the arc ships without some kind of form of  a government, police force, or military capabilities without having a vested interest in keeping order once they got there. All our taxes we pay in the market need to go somewhere right? You would think that the arc ship government would have dynamic frigates, corvette, and capital ship capabilities to do this too that you cant build or is way far beyond what we would have.