Getting a little frustrated

Underhook

6 hours ago, Underhook said:

Thats pretty much exactly what I tried to do.  Unfortunately keeping my speed low enough to not burn up allowed gravity to pull me into the ground

So the other factor is the strength of your space engines.  As you load on more weight, they become less effective too.  So you need enough space brakes to slow your descent, and also strong enough space engines that they are able to keep you moving forward even while you're holding down the brakes.

As you enter the atmosphere space engines start to become less effective too.  That's when i'm usually at full throttle and brakes, and angled slightly upwards.

If things aren't going well and the trajectory line is dropping, as soon as you enter the atmosphere you need to tilt your nose down to almost match the trajectory line, or your wings/ailerons will stall.  It's a little bit scary but you kind of have to swoop downwards to catch some lift, and then pull up slowly.  Assuming you have enough wings or ailerons to support the weight of your ship.

When you're working on your ship, you can fill the containers with however much weight you want the ship to carry, and the Build Helper will tell you how much force your brakes or engines will produce.

If anything is below 1G when your ship is fully loaded, in terms of thrust, brakes or high altitude/low altitude lift, then you definitely need more.

New player, spent the money, downloaded, started the initial tutorial, walked around and explored a bit. Looks pretty. Put down the speeder. Nothing shows up. Stuff gone from inventory. Looks like I'd need to walk for at least an hour to get anywhere unclaimed so I could play the game.

Is the game any good? I'm already pondering trying to get a refund. Walking simulator isn't too fun.

And there's a stupid "security check" to post a new topic that won't let me even speak here. Maybe replying to a post will work...

2 hours ago, Erocss said:

New player, spent the money, downloaded, started the initial tutorial, walked around and explored a bit. Looks pretty. Put down the speeder. Nothing shows up. Stuff gone from inventory. Looks like I'd need to walk for at least an hour to get anywhere unclaimed so I could play the game.

Is the game any good? I'm already pondering trying to get a refund. Walking simulator isn't too fun.

And there's a stupid "security check" to post a new topic that won't let me even speak here. Maybe replying to a post will work...

It's only a walking simulator if you don't have a ship.

Open the map with M, in the top left click the "Constructs" tab.  Any ships (dynamic constructs) or bases (static constructs) that you own will be on that list.

If your speeder was deployed, then it should be on the list.  If it is, you can select it and "set destination" which will place a marker on your map and compass.

If it's not on the list, it also might have been automatically compactified and placed in your inventory, which is supposed to happen if you leave it parked at a market for too long.  If it was then there will be a new Blueprint in your inventory, it will look the same as the one you used to deploy the speeder, but if you right click it and inspect, it will say "No ingredients needed" while the regular speeder Blueprint will have a list of required ingredients.  If you do have a second "compactified" blueprint, you deploy it the same way you deployed the speeder the first time, but it doesn't require anything.

I would also do all the tutorials before you leave the starting area.  You get Quanta(money) and talent points as a reward.  You can spend the talent points right away, but it's also a good idea to Queue up a bunch of talents too, because you gain talent points much faster when they are going towards queued talent, rather then just accumulating.

With the Quanta rewards from the tutorials, plus 100k that you get each day you log in, you can probably buy all the parts to create a new speeder if you can't find the other one.

13 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

So the other factor is the strength of your space engines.  As you load on more weight, they become less effective too.  So you need enough space brakes to slow your descent, and also strong enough space engines that they are able to keep you moving forward even while you're holding down the brakes.

As you enter the atmosphere space engines start to become less effective too.  That's when i'm usually at full throttle and brakes, and angled slightly upwards.

If things aren't going well and the trajectory line is dropping, as soon as you enter the atmosphere you need to tilt your nose down to almost match the trajectory line, or your wings/ailerons will stall.  It's a little bit scary but you kind of have to swoop downwards to catch some lift, and then pull up slowly.  Assuming you have enough wings or ailerons to support the weight of your ship.

When you're working on your ship, you can fill the containers with however much weight you want the ship to carry, and the Build Helper will tell you how much force your brakes or engines will produce.

If anything is below 1G when your ship is fully loaded, in terms of thrust, brakes or high altitude/low altitude lift, then you definitely need more.

Yeah thats a strategy I saw in a youtube vid and I need to give it a try.  The ship stats are OK its the pilot that needs some work  :)

12 hours ago, Erocss said:

The community in the game is generally really good.  Try asking for help in the "support" chat channel.  My 1st day in the game I took my speeder to market.  Then the server went down for maintenance, when it came back online m,y speeder was gone and it seems that it was inside the structure of the market and nothing could get it back.  I was talking to people on support about it and I guy came out to help me.  He ended up giving me a small space capable ship and took me for a ride on his rocket powered ship.  Was great fun and a great introduction to the game.

7 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Did you feel you assumptions would be helpful?

I've covered everything that might help you repair your ship after you inevitably crash again, what more do you want? A Lua script to have the ship fly itself?