Industry Talents not working ?

Thygar

Hmm.. There are high tier talents that specifically say they give bonus on elements when placed.

This is crucial for ppl wanting to sell for example ships, being able to sell something with higher performance then stock regardless of buyer piloting talents.

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

Hmm.. There are high tier talents that specifically say they give bonus on elements when placed.

This is crucial for ppl wanting to sell for example ships, being able to sell something with higher performance then stock regardless of buyer piloting talents.

The only bonuses on the entire page that apply to others when putting things down is Hit Points/Item Health under Element Health Points, but in the case of the OP, He was asking about Industry bonuses like less crafting materials or less crafting time, that only applies to the person using the factory, not to the factory itself. The only bonus the factory inherits is more Hit Points if the person that placed it has the talent.

Mine works, there are some tied to a player, and some tied to the machine. I've tested and all skills work perfectly as intended, for me anyway. By picking up and putting down my L assembly, with skills it knocked the time of a L container to craft down to 92minutes.  Double check you are using the right tool, training the right character, and REMEMBER, when your skills update, you have to pick up the machine, replace it, and relink it, to get the bonus for the "put down" skills.

1 hour ago, Iorail said:

The bonuses only apply when the character that has the talents uses the factories, who place them is of no consequence. @Thygar

Under the Industry talents is says specifically when placed / I know most of the Crafting Talents is who ever start the process

2 hours ago, Thygar said:

Under the Industry talents is says specifically when placed / I know most of the Crafting Talents is who ever start the process

Before I posted I actually sat there and click on every industry talent and I didn’t see any that said when placed, but I will double check when I get off work.

8 minutes ago, Iorail said:

Before I posted I actually sat there and click on every industry talent and I didn’t see any that said when placed, but I will double check when I get off work.

There are technician type skills, where you can make things go faster with all the assembly's of all the sizes. Its under industry not crafting. 

Industry placement skills were meant to affect speed of operation, last I looked. Any increased  yield/reduced input skills are applied by the character when they press Start.

Without knowing the exact Talent that Thygar is expecting to work, it's hard to say whether it's WAI (and Thygar's expectations are based on a misinterpretation), or if there's a bug.

My apologies as I was looking into a completely wrong area, I see the talents now under Industry - Industry Efficiency Handling and Assembly Efficiency Handling - Reduced crafting time when put down. I do remember this now, every time you gain a level on this, you have to pick up and redeploy the unit to have the new bonus apply, which is a bug? I don't know anymore what is a feature or a bug here...

Is this the 2 the OP is asking about?