New Account BUG? So This Happened to Me

Bowman

This is what happened to me attempting to start a new account.  Not sure if I'm the only one or not.  Anyone else do this, or have this problem?

1.  Went to the create account on the website.  It asks for your email first.  Put in my email and a password.
2.  Go to next webpage and it asks me for Credit card info, but there is no Activation entry box for the Recruiter activation code I received (from a 3rd party)

3.  So I stop the procedure as I want to make sure the Recruiter gets credited.
4.  I then click on the link I received from the Recruiter in an Email they sent me. 
5.  I get this message "PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT"

6.  I wait 5 minutes nothing ever arrives at all in my email box.
7.  I go back to website.  Apparently it does now have my email & password so I click on LOG IN button
8.  But LOGIN button says sorry there was an Error with Authentication
9.  I request new password
10.  Nothing is sent to my email

My guess is there is a programming error is  a chicken and egg problem.  That is,  I provided my email and a password which
the database did save, but then I did not finish the transaction.  Decided to use the New Account link provided by a Recruiter.
But that link thinks I already have an account because it has the email/password saved (but I really DON'T have an account yet).

So I'm stuck in limbo land.  The database has my email/password, some part of the program thinks I have an account, and another
part of the program doesn't think I have an account.  And nothing works.

• 4 weeks later...