Regenerating asteroid fields

unown

Regenerating asteroid fields  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Regenerating asteroid fields be added to duel universe after realease?

• YES
    • NO
    • Perhaps in 5 to 10 years when it might be needed

The roadmap

dual_universe_-_roadmap_dec2019.png

Fast travel is mentioned under exploration in Beta

Also 

https://youtu.be/efu_129hI9o

Durring the kickstarter ask me anything event duel universe was mentioned to be infinite.

Because of that this is what I envision currently

Dead_space.png?width=400&height=225

I suggest that Asteroid fields should spawn outside solar systems in the dead space zones referenced above.

This is because resources at some point will dry up in say Solar system A and because of that people will move to a new systym strip it and keep going this way it is possible to introduce new resources into the game and reintroduce destroyed resources into the game.

I would also expect that this would be place after release.

Thoughts? and Addition?

Not really needed to do that when there are lots of resources in the ground - depends all on balancing that.

I don't really like respawning resources either, doesn't help the game at all imho and only crashes prices, doesn't add any gameplay and only may increase botting. 

1 hour ago, Lethys said:

Not really needed to do that when there are lots of resources in the ground - depends all on balancing that.

I don't really like respawning resources either, doesn't help the game at all imho and only crashes prices, doesn't add any gameplay and only may increase botting. 

It might be. From a realistic stand point, asteroid fields are dynamic (on a celestial timescale). There are entrants and dropouts constantly tugged by celestial bodies and ejected by natural forces.

NQ could speed along the process to avoid overly fragmented player populations. At the very least, until fast travel and star-gates bridge the vast interstellar distances, some help will be required to balance the game's population dispersion. 

• 4 months later...