So all you ex-EvE players

Keieueue

how are you gonna do anything in this game?
Can you multibox a twitch-based MMORPG?
Can you automate Dual Universe multiple accounts?
You turned EvE into a cesspool of multiboxing-driven toxicity, will you be able to do the same in this game?

16 hours ago, Keieueue said:

how are you gonna do anything in this game?
Can you multibox a twitch-based MMORPG?
Can you automate Dual Universe multiple accounts?
You turned EvE into a cesspool of multiboxing-driven toxicity, will you be able to do the same in this game?

It's not twitch based. DU is based on a similar skill system as in eve too. 

We don't know yet is multiaccs are even allowed, but there's not rly a good argument against it. In eve you had to have multiple accs to compete, in DU you won't be multiboxing that easily. 

Maybe turn down your mentality a bit, you seem pretty aggressive 

Some of us are not ex yet. We need to be sold a game better than Eve. Then we jump right in to grief you, steal your dolls, kick your sandcastles:P Otherwise this game would die 6 months after the release. I am sure the dev team know that and will try to balance PvE vs PvP.

3 hours ago, Thor Vanguard said:

Some of us are not ex yet. We need to be sold a game better than Eve. Then we jump right in to grief you, steal your dolls, kick your sandcastles:P Otherwise this game would die 6 months after the release. I am sure the dev team know that and will try to balance PvE vs PvP.

EVE is going to remain a stronger virtual world design than Dual Universe will be, for a good while yet. It won't be as much a case of balancing the scale between PvE on the left and PvP on the right. What will happen with Dual Universe will be: An ENORMOUS BASE of Player + Environment (P+E) = Voxel editing + Voxel Designing + Building + Mining/Terraforming on a prodigious scale by I would predict MOST of the playerbase of the game.

We'll see PvP development of the actual combat systems (the fun INSIDE this) of avatars and ships in Alpha 3. However the context systems AROUND this will take a lot more fine-tuning and a lot more time to get right. My prediction? The sheer interest of players of the former system P+E will dictate large areas where this is what players do and there will be systems to protect them and grow these populations. That may sound like a deduction from the PvP possible in the game, but in fact it seems to me if the activity levels are very high then this is perfect: The demand for complex and diverse materials to improve building, will shift PvP focus to distant areas where the conflict of the economic advantage will be most contested directly to capture and control these more valuable materials at source.

Again extrapolating, I'd expect mega-ships with large crews to be the height of PvP in deep space trying to control large areas around these distant planets. Thus the worst and fiercest PvP will have it's place higher up in the pyramid of numbers working for and being worked upon by the lower systems of P+E but not cannabalizing the game.

My hope is that as the stakes rise for these materials, then as the game grows, the chunk of the economy devoted to PvP begins to rise in correct proportion. Where in EVE you have each citizen = soldier. In DU you'll have citizens *shudders not that game!* who are only that and soldiers who are only that. Professional armies with cities/nations. Preferably the "War Front" is removed from the civilization growth part of the game.

Disclaimer: All my own vision of how things might shape up.

4 hours ago, Lethys said:

We don't know yet is multiaccs are even allowed, but there's not rly a good argument against it. In eve you had to have multiple accs to compete

That's pretty hilarious. Did you write this on purpose?
When is a good argument for multiboxing? When you need it to compete?

4 hours ago, Lethys said:

Maybe turn down your mentality a bit, you seem pretty aggressive 

Sorry, I thought it would be best to address EvE sociopaths and tryhard multiboxers through the tone they love.

3 hours ago, Thor Vanguard said:

Then we jump right in to grief you, steal your dolls, kick your sandcastles:P 

How are you going to do it without multiboxing, my little one?
By ganging up? First, you would need social skills... of course, you could find like-minded griefers, but they're always only a minority
It's pretty notorious EvE is all about the ganking because it allows a retarded amount of multiboxing
This game is much more twitch-based, how are you going to compete?

14 minutes ago, Keieueue said:

That's pretty hilarious. Did you write this on purpose?
When is a good argument for multiboxing? When you need them to compete?

Well, because as stated, you won't be able to Box as easily in DU for various reasons. Eve was built specifically around boxers (click mechanic, dscan and probes, mining, production, invention, PI.....). All areas where it's easy to box because it needs little to no effort.

Try that in DU, like seen in the videos. Tryto mine or scan with 2 chars. Gl there. 

Will it be impossible? Maybe not,  but they can (in contrast to ccp) make it harder for boxers. 

Thread locked.

If you want to troll, this is not the place to do it.

Edit: just to make it clearer:
I left you the benefit of doubt on the first post, but the second one is clearly trolling.

~ Merwyn

Edited by Mod-Merwyn

• Mod-Merwyn locked this topic
  • Mod-Merwyn unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic