The New Horizon - the largest transport system in DU

On 12/17/2018 at 2:49 AM, Moosegun said:

Surely if you build this ship and then some big org pays you to help them move to another planet, then that org will provide the defence for the convoy? 

The only thing i would say is that I wouldnt set 'building the biggest ship in the game' as your only goal.  Make it your end goal but just focus on building a good logistics company which is earning the revenue to build the big ship.  People will want to get off world asap when game launches, if you can get funding / support from several orgs to get reasonable sized transport ship together, I would have thought there will be work to do.

that really isnt the goal of this project. The goal is a mass unbiased transport system

10 hours ago, Ever_green said:

that really isnt the goal of this project. The goal is a mass unbiased transport system

I strongly urge you to keep your routes within nuetral space and planets. With such a massive undertaking of a single ship; there will be many seeking to take what you have. Outside of protected space, will leave your ship to the mercy of any organization. This would occur because your transport routes are predefined thus are easily predicable to a mass ships in ambush. Additionally it would be most ideal to overthrow the crew with a small squad in the vastness of space where no one can quickly reach you. Without protection in mass and ready nearby, New Horizon will be seen as an easy and plentiful target of resources for hostile small/medium organizations or raiding organizations that will be directly looking at your ship for as a massive payday.

Please take this into account for your charter throughout the universe. Building and gathering resources is slow and people are always seeking to make quick advancement. So again, I strongly urge you to coordinate with organizations in the nuetral sector for your transport charters. Otherwise this wonderful service will be, over quicker than it started.

If you wish to discuss more, please message me and I will see what we can arrange together.

^^ good points from @geronimo553@Ever_green it should be possible to do, specially with the partners you already have now. What i would like to know is something of a size you are thinking about so i can start developing the dock on Tranquility. The idea I have for it is Unique so i will need the size of your ship :) 

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:28 AM, geronimo553 said:

I strongly urge you to keep your routes within nuetral space and planets. With such a massive undertaking of a single ship; there will be many seeking to take what you have. Outside of protected space, will leave your ship to the mercy of any organization. This would occur because your transport routes are predefined thus are easily predicable to a mass ships in ambush. Additionally it would be most ideal to overthrow the crew with a small squad in the vastness of space where no one can quickly reach you. Without protection in mass and ready nearby, New Horizon will be seen as an easy and plentiful target of resources for hostile small/medium organizations or raiding organizations that will be directly looking at your ship for as a massive payday.

Please take this into account for your charter throughout the universe. Building and gathering resources is slow and people are always seeking to make quick advancement. So again, I strongly urge you to coordinate with organizations in the nuetral sector for your transport charters. Otherwise this wonderful service will be, over quicker than it started.

If you wish to discuss more, please message me and I will see what we can arrange together.

yeah, security is a big issue. I'm currently hiring personnel and mercenary orgs to help with it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey everyone TNH is springing back into action. A few announcements below.

1: recruitment  has been slow, very slow, almost static. TNH is entering a wild recruitment stage, the more the merrier.

2: Discord and community page are being revamped.

3: We now have a concept of a hotel system, please message me for info. 

4: NDA stuff for TNH soon ? will be announced else where in NDA areas.

• 1 month later...