Mobile Units

Aaron Cain

In short,

I would like to be able to build a mobile unit, Specially for war efforts and sieges. Gundam like structure able to carry a weapon or a Blade and would be nice to have some air possibilities, but well lets start with moving. I would like to be able to make a high orbit drop of several units  that can start advancing the poi the moment they touch the ground. 

Probably this will not be the most effective war machine, but that doesnt matter, Its the wow factor that counts!

Any ideas/arguments?

From the videos currently released about the game, I haven't seen any rotors or hinges, let alone seperate moving objects. I doubt it right now, but the game is far from done so... who knows if we'll have mechs!

hang on, what's the difference between a physical slider and sliders?

Also, once you have rotors you have hinges and pistons. Especially with rails. A piston is basically a tube with a shaft in it, however you push the shaft out of the tube can be thought of in many ways. Rotor that spins a large wheel can have another rotor near the edge. Then you have a rotor on the back end of the shaft and connect the two rotors with each other by another shaft. As the disk spins the shaft moves through the tube like you see with steam engines (but with reversed mechanics, of course).

And with that, I've said 'shaft' just enough times to keep this post PG13