Planetary Physics

Violet

Will Dual Universe have gravity in space? Will I be able to orbit and navigate the curvature of spacetime like kerbal space program? 

Will planets rotate and have orbits? or will they be static?

I remember last year in one of the dev diaries they said they were looking into this but weren't sure if it would be possible. Has there been any update or could some from NQ fill us in?

They really have not said much about this but considering other games like this... Gravity probably won't be a thing outside of a range around planets.

They have stated they want them to rotate but they most likely won't orbit.

I have not heard anything new about it.

Judging from a previous dev diary, it looks like a ship orbiting a planet will be possible, though I suspect stations themselves will be static.

And as mefsh said, planets might rotate but they will definitely not orbit their star.

I have a feeling we will find out soon.

50 minutes ago, Kurock said:

Judging from a previous dev diary, it looks like a ship orbiting a planet will be possible, though I suspect stations themselves will be static.

[...]

Although this does bring up an interesting problem. If there are orbital mechanics for the ships and you are trying to land on a stationary space-station, there could be some trouble...

I think it would be cool if you could lock your station into any realistic orbit in order to get some interesting interactions between stations and planets/moons, although I doubt that this will be a thing.

9 hours ago, 0something0 said:

I mean, it would be awesome to use orbital mechanics for tactical purposes. Of course, that would make all the KSP players have an unfair advantage...

Unfair? I don't think that it would be unfair for people that know more to have an advantage. It just adds more depth to the game. Sure the rest of us have to work harder to catch up, but that just means there is more to do.