Organization Buy/Sell offers

BliitzTheFox

Give legates the power to place buy/sell offers on behalf of an orgization, where sale money and purchase money is taken from the organization's money stores. This way trusted sellers may include a organization as a whole.

I imagine this is already planned to be a feature, but if it isn't then this should be added. On top of this I would also like to see a little bit more in-depth handling of organization finances. For instance, the org should be able to allocate multiple internal "accounts" and control access to each one. I would also like to see the ability to create "transaction presets" where the money is moved according to certain player defined rules. For example an organization could have a tax account, where all taxes are sent. This account could then be set up so that 20% of the money going into it gets transferred to the military account and 40% to the industrial account or something like that. It would make for a nice automated system of internal finances, but could be done by hand as well.

I agree an organization should be able to designate someone to buy and sell for it, but as I understand the RDMS, that kind of right would be given to a member, not a legate.  For example, if an organization was modeled as a corporation, the stockholders would be the legates.  Even though they owned the corporation, they would not have the right to buy or sell its assets.  There would be certain employees (members) who could do that.

I agree an organization should be able to designate someone to buy and sell for it, but as I understand the RDMS, that kind of right would be given to a member, not a legate.  For example, if an organization was modeled as a corporation, the stockholders would be the legates.  Even though they owned the corporation, they would not have the right to buy or sell its assets.  There would be certain employees (members) who could do that.

Agreed. It should be a feature grantable according to the structure of the organization, not based on being a legate.