Question about energy and projectile weapons

I can live with no collision damage, but when it comes to the collision, is it possible for the bigger/heavier ship to push the obstacle away? Or can one single fighter stop a huge battleship with only pressing against it (because the server cannot calculate the physics)?

I'm pretty sure there will be some system that makes sense. You can't just have a ship that smashes into another ship without an equal and opposite reaction.

I'm pretty sure there will be some system that makes sense. You can't just have a ship that smashes into another ship without an equal and opposite reaction.

Or, there will be like trolls that use tiny fighters to constantly block your path... just to fuck with you.

In other words, most 11 year olds will love it. There is no way collision and some sort of physic system isn't making it into this game.

Oh, god... it would be annoying if we got too many 11 year olds :P

I can already imagine the skreetchy voice

"UGH! THAT WAS MY ORE! GIVE IT BACK! GIVE IT BACK NOOOOUUUW!"

In an interview with JC Baille on the XPGamers YouTube Channel, he said that weapon damage an hits will be calculated based on weapons and skills of the user. Hit probabilities will be used, and there won't be actual projectiles. I also read something like that in other posts - this method is said to be a lot less expensive when it comes to server resources.

Having projectiles as separate entities would kill performance in large battles - at least with server technology that's available today.

Plese correct me if I got that wrong, but I think that's how weapons are planned to work at the current state.

Ah what a shame. I was looking forward to targeting all turrets to one point on an enemy's ship to try to cut it in half. Or to build my own ship-killing torpedos to absolutely destroy any ship smaller than a cruiser. Oh well. Maybe they'll find a way to allow player made weapons of that nature somehow but it doesn't appear that way. For DU this is probably the best seeing as how any decently sized battle would rip the servers' CPUs to shreds.