Obikawa says "hi".

Hello everyone.

I have been reading the Dual Universe forums since a few weeks and decided to start contributing now. During that time I have slowly cooked up some ideas about the possible mechanics of the game. Those are inspired by a couple of things.

First, the "Sword Art Online" anime. The concept of the ultimate price for death ( death in real life) makes survival the absolute priority. It completely changes the emotions involved. Ever since watching this series I find most games simply bland. The low penalties for deaths are making me feel no enjoyment or thrill.

I also do not like the grinding for experience in games. While in some genres this is unavoidable, there are many other games where it could be replaced with different mechanics.

And the last, biggest inspiration is my dislike of finding logical inconsistencies in a world or a story.

So I had processed all I learned about Dual Universe with those negative feelings and decided I need to step in and share my ideas here in a series of posts. Hopefully my visions will be appreciated.

With regards,

Obikawa from Poland.

Hi and welcome :)..

I'm interested in what your ideas are now, I've seen the SOA you speak of and enjoyed it, and understand the concept of life and death and the emotions they play and how they could play in the game.

Note on that though, I don't like losing everything in games when you die, I don't mind losing 'things' but the character and the skills I gained or stats I got i want to keep. Then you pay a price for dieing but don't lose the momentum and character you spent the whole time making..

But yeah, this is your post so I'll not steal it...

Welcome, can't wait for your other posts :)

EDIT:

Was looking around the DevBlogs again and thought you might like this https://devblog.dualthegame.com/2014/07/06/quantum-immortality/

It took a lof of my time to actually flesh out my first idea, so the topic of death penalty is shelved for another time. Though I definitely will write about it sooner rather than later.