What happens if I don't pay the upkeep for my Territory?

Chronepsis

Hi, I hope there is not a similar question, but with the search I don't find something.

I have a question: What happens if I don't pay the upkeep of my territory?

I have five territorys.

One is my main on Haven, four are somewhere else. I have marked three of them als my "Main Territory" (don't know the exact name in english, because I play in german).

So if I don't pay the upkeep for these "Main Territorys" only the miners stops.

But what happens if I don't pay the weekly upkeep for the territory without these "Main Territory" Marker?

I think I lost ownership of the claim and also ownership of my buildings on this territory.

But when? After two weeks?

Another question: What happens if I don't pay my Dual Universe upkeep? They delete my territory, buildings and ships?

I don't plan this, cause I love this game, only to know, what happens to my beloved ships if I forgot to pay or so :)

Thank you for answers!

Chronepsis

In my experience by now:
Territories on Haven are safe and permanent.
The 1 to 3 Territories you mark as Headquarters (probably Hauptquartier in german) stop working if you do not pay taxes, but you can still build and farm and dig there.
Every other territory gets unclaimed after 2 weeks. And if you are close to Market 06 or on some higher tier mining areal then some old pro will claim it within 20 minutes. 😒 And somehow your Territory unit vanishes with the claim. At least that was what happened to me.

But it's okay: I had to move and found a much better place.
And after all competiion is part of what makes that game thrilling.

if you don’t pay rent on your non-HQ territories, they go inactive for two weeks, then become available -but after someone else puts down a Territory unit they have to start a two week requisition timer on any static constructs they want to take over. You will get a message in notifications and you have two weeks to come get your stuff before it becomes their stuff. 

if you don’t pay you subscription, a 90 day timer starts when it lapses. Everyone can see the timer if they mouse over your constructs. After 90 days the constructs (dynamic, static, and space) go unclaimed and can be picked up. Haven statics are apparently safe. 

Somewhere around 48 hours after your 90 day timer ends, your HQ tiles will go abandoned as well.

On 4/22/2023 at 5:05 PM, Chronepsis said:

Ah ok, then I have to take care that I pay my taxes.

But I get expensive ore from them so paying will not be the problem.

Thank you for your answers!

welcome to DU!