AN EGG-CELLENT ADVENTURE TOUR!

NQ-Nyota

eggrectangle.jpeg

AN EGG-CELLENT ADVENTURE TOUR BEGINS SOON!

Spring is here and it is the perfect opportunity to see what you've been up to Noveans! 

We'll be starting up the engines of our Egg-cellent Adventure Tour ship starting on Tuesday, April 18th at 18:00 UTC. Come join us as we fly through the friendly and sometimes not so friendly skies of Helios visiting the amazing places that have been created!

Here's all the details:

Your tour guide NQ-Nyota and your skillfull pilot NQ-Nicodemus will be welcoming you on this most Egg-cellent adventure. We will be visiting as many places as we can and we will be hopping on/off the ship at different locations. The expected duration of these tours will be approximately one hour to 90 minutes long depending on where we visit.  

We will also be having a livestream for our first tour, starting at 18:00 UTC on April 18th, 2023. Please join us for all the fun on our Twitch channel!

Where will we be visiting?

Each of our daily tours will be different as we search high and low for all of the places to see. However, we need your help!

We need you to suggest the best places to visit (even if it's your own build/place) via this form.

All places we will visit will receive a most egg-cellent gift! You like surprises right? On top of the gift(s) there will also be a screen with a quote inside. Which quote will you get? Which quote will your friends and fellow Noveans get? What's in the egg? How many different quotes will there be? These egg-cellent mysteries will be solved during the tours!

🥚DEADLINE TO SUBMIT LOCATIONS IS APRIL 18th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC🥚

Here is the schedule of An Egg-cellent Adventure Tours:

Tuesday April 18th, 18:00 UTC  (2:00PM New York/Toronto time)
Wednesday April 19th, 23:00 UTC (7:00PM New York/Toronto time)
Thursday April 20th, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM New York/Toronto time)
Friday April 21st, 21:00 UTC (5:00PM New York/Toronto time)
Saturday April 22nd, 14:00 UTC (10:00AM New York/Toronto time)
Saturday April 22nd, 23:00 UTC (7:00PM New York/Toronto time)
Sunday April 23rd, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM New York/Toronto time)

These tours will all begin and end at The Institutes (which you can find on the Point of Interests) and will be available via VR: Eggcellent Adventure Tour when the tours start. 

We’ll do our best to make sure these journeys are safe and secure, but we must tell you that we cannot be responsible for any lost items in case of emergency (especially if Nyota gets in the pilot seat)! So, we advise you to please arrive with empty inventories on your characters and make sure to leave your valuables in your containers before hopping in these tours. There will be a rez node available should things take a few 180 degree turns.

The Egg-cellent Adventure tour basket ship can be admired over at The Exchange, but you might want to bring your sunglasses. It is bright and spectacular! Here is the location: ::pos{0,2,24.4148,99.1215,128.0843}

We are looking forward to seeing you on this Egg-cellent Adventure Noveans!

Some screenshots from the first tour.

Here is the Eggship waiting for passengers, with the Arkship in the background.
CrazyHenky was the first to arrive and motivate others to come.

That left up in the air is NQ-Nyota, our charming tour guide. She boldly showed us that NQs can not only fly, but also have other supernatural abilities ... (see next)

Egg Tour 1.jpg

Edited by Lasersmith

View from the bridge:
First half of seats taken. By and by almost 30 players turned up. The spiky eggs are designed with seats inside.

You can see our valiant pilot NQ-Nicodemus in the front.
He found out about NQ-Nyotas supernatural abilities, too: When he took her seat (in the egg below me), she somehow managed to remove him telekinetically. See his Twitch stream, for the whole funny scene. If a genuine NQ maker is suprised what abilites their avatars have ... 😎

Egg Tour 2.jpg

Edited by Lasersmith

The eggship approching Mach 1.
NQ-Nyota announcing our first destination while NQ-Nicodemus prepares for a barrel roll that made everyone lose their food and cheer at the same time. 🤢😁

As you can see we are so fast you can not see our avatars. They just turn protoplasmic ...

Egg Tour 13.jpg

Edited by Lasersmith

First destination: Kylens' Unicorn Glue Co.
First players jumping off. We soon found out that we have to jump fast, move in fast, move around fast, and get back on the eggship before it takes off.
30 people jetpacking and zigzagging at breakneck speeds to view as much as possible as fast as possible. 🚒

Egg Tour 14.jpg

Edited by Lasersmith

"Group picture" at the famous Alioth Marina. Lighthouse to the left.
(I won't post all destinations. Just enough to give you an impression - and a certain feeling you missed something. 😉 )

Chat full of word play how eggcelent, eggxtravagant and eggcentric the tour is. 🤪

Egg Tour 15.jpg

Edited by Lasersmith

At Lachenlaud's Golden Oak Industries.
The group chat gets funnier by the minute.

In the foreground you see NQ-Nicodemus landing to lay an egg: If your building gets chosen to be part of the tour, you get a gift. A 2m egg in front of your door. Nice idea.

290387116_2023-04-18(13).png

Edited by Lasersmith

Day 2: Once again more than two dozen players (all different from day 1 except 2).

New Markland City. Everyone swarming to get some views.

A surprisingly detal-rich cityscape. Look at the chat: If Ryan Pryde (Hadron) gives you a compliment, you know you are buildig well.

Once again NQ-Nicodemus in center preparing to lay an egg, while NQ-Nyota is having a watchful eye in the sky on her herd.

794674946_2023-04-20(4).png

Edited by Lasersmith

Here is one of those gems you can find if you swarm aplace with two doozen pros:
WWI style Hover tank at Arcturian Market.

Once again I will only post a few sceenshots. You will have to take the tours to see it all. And it is a different very day.

2131368548_2023-04-20@ArcturianMarket.png

The whole eggstatic crew disbarking at Hadron. (I jumped off from orbit to be ready to catch them all getting off the eggship.)

I really recommend this tours. If you are new to the game, you will get an idea what is possible in this universe. If you have been busy for many months it is a good chance to rub shoulders with some well-known fellow noveans. And if you are a veteran it still is an opportunity to present what you bulit, speak a few words, or shamelessly plug your newest blueprints. 😇

240361559_2023-04-20Hadron.png

Edited by Lasersmith

A small moment: NQ-Nyota admiring Hadron's Medical center - while in the chat some well-known names pat their backs.

This is one of the reasons I love this game: There is so incredibly much to see and the community is full of talented, highly competive and at the same time cooperative nerds. 💕

Egg Tour 22.jpg

Edited by Lasersmith

"Group picture" while taking off from Hadron.
NQ-Nicodemus at helms.
The welll-behaved builders sit in their egg seats - while the pirate-minded adventurers stand at bow or mast while speeding at 5000 km/h back to the Institutes.

Most players join in persona. But of course you can VR in, even when the eggship already is on its tour.

Egg Tour 25.jpg

Edited by Lasersmith

14 hours ago, Lasersmith said:

Great perspective.
How did you do that? Did you fly your own ship with us?

No I was on the tour ship.  When you sit in a seat press INSERT to toggle your view perspective.  You can scroll in and out holding CTRL or Shift (can't recall which) with mouse wheel.   F9 to turn off HUD for screenshots.  Have fun!

I've visited the tour ship briefly before, but I'll be riding along and streaming friday's 21:00 UTC tour.

I have already setup the stream and i'll probably go live about 30 mins before tour starts. (youtube isn't very reliable lately, if link changes, then you'll still be able to find the stream on my channel once it goes live).

I think it's going to be an eggcellent adventure! see you all there. (reminder: don't forget to turn your HUD off when taking those egg-cellent screenshots).

Edited by Sethioz

Tour #4, Friday,: A night trip, this time mostly east and south of Alioth, with a turn over a quarter of the eggqautor. 🤪.

Here is a romantic shot of NQ-Nicodemos setting up the egg at Sethioz's Hangar.  (I kept V active again so you can see the names.)

Egg Tour 41.jpg

Edited by Lasersmith