Launcher won't remember position nor size

Sethioz

anyone else have this problem that DU launcher doesn't remember the last position or size? i guess i should report it as bug, but just wondering if its just me or anyone else having this.

my launcher always starts about 4x bigger than my monitor and it's like 80% out of the monitor, so i have to drag it several times and resize it to be able to even see the play button.

i tried closing the launcher and re-opening without clicking on play, but it still wont remember the position, any ideas?

i have 4k desktop resolution and secondary monitor has 1080p, perhaps dual monitor issue? .. still launcher should remember the position, so perhaps someone has ideas how to fix this? thanks.

I do understand this is a 1st world problem. Treat accordingly. LOL

I can second this notion. As a streamer I keep all my desktop icons on a second screen and when I click on it there the launcher opens on that screen instead of the main one the game realizes is the correct one. It would not be so annoying if the launcher window was not so LARGE as to have to move it around to even find the login button.

I am playing on a display that has the display normally at 125% magnification but even when I take my MAIN screen down to 100% from 125% the launcher window on the secondary screen EXTREMELY large and obnoxious to see everything in the starting page. It scrolls off the edges and must be maximized to just find the login button. Normally bigger fonts and interface is better for launchers but in this case the launcher window is TOO BIG to be useful. Is there any plans to make the window fonts and scale of that launcher window not 1/3rd but 3/4ths or maybe even 1/2 as large as it is now? This is how is launches on my second screen which is 2560 x 1080. It is a fine balance between being too small to be useful (and readable) and so large it gets very annoying quickly.

My main screen is 3440 x 1440 scaled to 125% for readabillity (eyesight not what it used to be, =/) and the second screen is 2560 x 1080 set to normal 100% readability. The Launcher is tied to the MAIN window even if it launches on a second window as seen here. It always appears off screen on the 2nd window where the icon to launch is is kept. This is how it ALWAYS launches and that secondary screen is at 100% readability and not up-scaled at all.

410852487_2022-12-2220_47_29-.png

Edited by BukaTV

When I scale my MAIN screen from 125% down to 100% the DU Launcher now starts correctly and proportionally and CENTERED on the secondary screen. It is like it always reads the main gaming screen resolution and scaling data regardless of the screen it is launched on. Like so:

769821119_2022-12-2220_51_38-.png

Edited by BukaTV

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 2:55 AM, BukaTV said:

When I scale my MAIN screen from 125% down to 100% the DU Launcher now starts correctly and proportionally and CENTERED on the secondary screen. It is like it always reads the main gaming screen resolution and scaling data regardless of the screen it is launched on. Like so:

769821119_2022-12-2220_51_38-.png

ahh nice to know i'm not alone in this one, however i found a bypass that makes it tolerable. here's screenshot of what settings i changed on the launcher. i just can't believe that NQ haven't thought about adding scale and position save feature to launcher, i'm minimalistic and high-performance person. I don't like all those shiny and "modern" bling blings all over, so for me it's extremely intrusive and frustrating when programs go all over the place without the option to scale them down. i NEVER maximize anything apart from full screen programs, such as games and videos. my steam's friend list is just small compact list on edge of my screen, my browser is about 1/5 of my monitor ..etc ..etc

Cadfasdpture.thumb.JPG.f47da5cf2f703a5958cc7a3f38be9271.JPG

Edited by Sethioz
typos