Drones...

Hirnsausen

Modern warfare has come to DU. And with it the need for military intelligence operations.

If drones should come to DU, I can imagine as follows:
A done core, (Core D) one voxel small. Various drone-sized elements (Space Engine D variants, Adjuster D variants, Retro D variants, and so on, all just half of a voxel, including the necessary Recorder D).

A drone can be dispatched to a tile or to a space coordinate, but only after the target coordinate has become known to the dispatcher. The drone will fly automatically to that location, remains a minute at the center to record, and then makes its way back. Hard to shoot down because of the small size and the limited time, but if hit, even with a small weapon, the drone is fully destroyed.

If the drone returns, it will give a list of all elements and honeycombs and their amounts found within that targeted core, (incl. dynamic cores and their stuff) when the drone is linked to a screen or when the "Data Module D" is retrieved, placed, and linked to a screen. If nothing was found at the location, only a failure message is returned. Someone said, a few of the very best drones can warp, but that is unproven. The drones I know of, cannot warp, which makes them a target for the espionaged players on their flight back, trying to prevent the data reaching the dispatcher. Too sad drones cannot carry any weapons or forcefields...

Edited by Hirnsausen

I would be for an XXS size core.  Jet packs and drones would be better represented at a scale smaller than XS. 

To make drones more immersing and valuable require a player to control via a VR session or remote seat with 1st and/or 3d person view from/of the construct.