New Player - Upcoming Steam Release

Kurtmcgurt

Hello everyone,

I really like the game so far, it has been a struggle to figure things out. If I didn't have help from some viewers from my twitch stream over the weekend, I probably wouldn't be even writing this right now. The point is after getting the basics down, I like the parts of the game I've experienced so far.

THE ISSUE

I couldn't figure out how to do much of anything useful from the tutorials.

The goals board in your starting outpost has a ton of "WIP" stuff.

With Steam release pending next month, I'm seriously worried that without a proper non-broken tutorial that at times doesn't even match the current UI (market, I'm looking at you), players are going to leave in droves.

For a sci-fi game about space, the tutorial leaves much to be desired, such as showing a new player how to get off the starting planet.

Please consider working out some of the tutorial bugs, fleshing them out, and adding more relevant ones in the time-frame available. Steam is a big door to the gaming community, and I don't want to see this game get review bombed and dropped on it's head. It has potential, but needs to retain players.

Thank You.

One would hope that all hands are on deck, swabbing and polishing.  I've noticed little things here and there after recent patches but it's going to come down to the wire.  With the server being down close to a week between end of Beta and launch we probably won't even be aware of the last 20% of the stuff being bludgeoned into "good enough" shape to at least put the champagne bottle on the rope for the grand ceremony.

The current new user experience is far better than what we previously had, but unfortunately, it has a long way to go.

For release, many orgs will be trying to help as many new players as possible. I am concerned about the time after this initial rush, when there won't be so many experienced players still around on Haven to help out. The learning curve is steep, but the payoff is there if you can survive those early days.

6 hours ago, Deathknight said:

The current new user experience is far better than what we previously had, but unfortunately, it has a long way to go.

For release, many orgs will be trying to help as many new players as possible. I am concerned about the time after this initial rush, when there won't be so many experienced players still around on Haven to help out. The learning curve is steep, but the payoff is there if you can survive those early days.

If my Eve experience is anything to go by, many orgs will be recruiting and helping such players.