Downloading game but it will not launch

Phayillad

Tried looking this up but im finding no answers. I have downloaded the game, completely fresh install. It downloads almost instantly and also downloads some kind of microsoft edge addon? I then try to launch the game and it just does nothing, no error message just completely nothing. If I go to uninstall the game in the programmes it shows as 9GB large? Anyone have any ideas what is going  on and how I can get the launcher to actually open?

Hello Phayillad and welcome to the forums. It sounds like the launcher is indeed starting and is just not rendering on your screen. There are various reasons why this could be happening but the most common causes are not using Windows 10 (yes it must be windows 10) and a corrupted/incomplete installation (fyi that microsoft edge runtime library is required). 

The launcher's logfiles are found here "C:\Users\<Your_User_ID>\AppData\Local\NQ\DualUniverse\" and are labelled "out.txt" and "out-daemon.txt". If you do not see these files then the installation was unsuccessful and you will need to run "C:\ProgramData\Dual Universe\unins000.exe" to uninstall, then delete both the "NQ and "Novaquark" folders from your  "C:\Users\<Your_User_ID>\AppData\Local\" directory before trying again. If you do see these logfiles then try to resolve any errors they mention (ie: lack of disk space or lack of permissions).

Let me know how it goes. If you still have issues, I can continue to help you out here on the forums but keep in mind DU also has an excellent support team.

FWIW, OP, I’m playing this game on a fresh install of W11 smooth as silk so not entirely sure why he mentioned it MUST be Windows 10. 

I have had to delete the game directory and a couple of directories under appdata local or something once after a botched download. But that same download failed simultaneously on my second box which is Windows 10, too so it was t an OS issue. 

this game installs some Microsoft runtime libraries, IIRC. 

Thank you for clarifying that Jinxed. I forgot that Windows 11 exists now. Hopefully we are not all forced to update and they can maintain backwards compatibility going forward.