Weapon limitation on ships

Psycholek

NQ all ships that have been in pvp have numbers of weapons installed on ships which make pvp very boring as is fast piu piu time... why don't you add selection  over what you can install... what I mean is: 

L dynamic core can have 1-2 large weapons installed... or let say 5-6 medium type or 10-15 small type.. 

Small core can have only 1-2 small weapons installations... 

I hope you know what I mean... this will drastically increase time to destroy someone, 2nd will allow player which are not pvp focus to escape etc. 

Who ever will engage fight will spend more time doing it... 

This would need to adjust power hit points of weapons to make large one powerful but on same time slower reload... 

Just to make more fun as I know you focus all on pvp ppl for some reason and left behind all pve and single players,

Thanks... 

Edited by Psycholek

NQ has been reducing the effectiveness of defense for a while now, too much defense makes the pvp-side of the game run irritatingly slow (hour long 1v1 cubes...) while also bogging the server down with all the data it needs to pass around during fleet engagements. Where they are right now isn't bad, but it would be nice if there was some variation (heat, power, e-war, shield-variants, shield skills).

That said, the number of weapons on a ship is the result of a few skills and how many gunners the ship has available, and capping that arbitrarily isn't going to solve your problem. An arbitrary cap on total weapons on a ship is going to annoy the pvp players, push people toward solo-play in an mmo, and get you shot at with whatever the new "best" is by the same number of people spread across that many more ships.

If you are having problems with pirates, make some friends that can keep an eye out, or hire an escourt, or build a ship around the speed and defense you need to escape, or just outsmart them.