Mining System Broken/Buggy

Creator

So 2 mining units, one for Baux and the other for Iron, both have a reduction penalty saying production is diminished due to lack of material left in the pool for this ore type. Yet as you can see both have 46L and 118L left for their respective minerals to pull from. Even if it was a calibration issue, the additional 29% missing from calibration does not get the MU to cap on that mineral.

Need to delay taxes until basic things like this are fixed that impact players, your quality assurance is terrible, this should have never made it into Dementor. 

really.jpg

15 minutes ago, Creator said:

So 2 mining units, one for Baux and the other for Iron, both have a reduction penalty saying production is diminished due to lack of material left in the pool for this ore type. Yet as you can see both have 46L and 118L left for their respective minerals to pull from. Even if it was a calibration issue, the additional 29% missing from calibration does not get the MU to cap on that mineral.

Need to delay taxes until basic things like this are fixed that impact players, your quality assurance is terrible, this should have never made it into Dementor. 

really.jpg

I think I know whats happening here.

So as I'm sure you know by now your mining unit pulls its full rate from the ore pool even though the actual ore extracted is usually wat less.  Your probably saying to yourself I know that but I'm pulling 112 and bauxite has 118 remaining in the ore pool.   BUT .... see that little yellow symbol next to your 112L   I'm pretty sure that indicates that you have upgraded you skills since you last calibrated this unit.  I would not mind betting that your new skills will have you pulling more than 118.  Thats why its saying you dont have enough.  It is a bumer though that a skill we have to invest in actually ends up reducing the amount of ore we can mine.  This does need to be fixed.  A unit should be able to operate even if its maximum possible draw is above the available pool.

5 minutes ago, Underhook said:

I think I know whats happening here.

So as I'm sure you know by now your mining unit pulls its full rate from the ore pool even though the actual ore extracted is usually wat less.  Your probably saying to yourself I know that but I'm pulling 112 and bauxite has 118 remaining in the ore pool.   BUT .... see that little yellow symbol next to your 112L   I'm pretty sure that indicates that you have upgraded you skills since you last calibrated this unit.  I would not mind betting that your new skills will have you pulling more than 118.  Thats why its saying you dont have enough.  It is a bumer though that a skill we have to invest in actually ends up reducing the amount of ore we can mine.  This does need to be fixed.  A unit should be able to operate even if its maximum possible draw is above the available pool.

The yellow box, is the warning that I hovered over to see the info box that is frustrating me.... miner was freshly dropped post any skill improvements.

20 minutes ago, Creator said:

The yellow box, is the warning that I hovered over to see the info box that is frustrating me.... miner was freshly dropped post any skill improvements.

OK, maybe I'm wrong then.  The reason I thought that was.  I looked at my unit.  Then I upgraded a skill then I looked at my unit again to see what changes each skill was making to rate etc.  After doing that a bit I upgraded most skills to level 4.  I looked at my unit again and that yellow tag appeared.  Also I noticed that my efficiency had dropped from 100% to 95%.  I assume the efficiency would go up with next calibration.  Anyway back to the yellow tag.  I assumed (maybe wrongly) that the yellow tag was indicating that my rate would go up either upon calibration or upon lifting and replacing the unit (yes I was reapplying my skills to the construct).  Have you been able to get rid of the yellow tag yet?  

EDIT

Sorry, didnt read your post carefully enough.  So you placed it post skill upgrade.  Hmmm, I got the yellow box but (im far away now) from memory I had way more in the ore pool that I could possibly draw.  Anyway, its for sure an issue that need fixing.

Edited by Underhook
my stupidity

Been doing some scanning and the issue you have raised here is major but I would really like confirmation of the problem from a few players.  

So, is it definitely the case that if our mining rate exceeds the amount of ore in the pool we can not mine?

If thats the case it is definitely broken.  Why?

1)  lets say I find (and I just have) a hex with 105 limestone and 104 acanthine.  I am incapable of mining this because my base rate is 106.  

2) This means that upgrading our skills to increase our mining rate actually excludes us from mining many sites?

So, can anybody else confirm this?

Ok, I'm editing this post because I got it wrong.  We can still use a mining unit that has more rate than pool available.

As far as I can tell the only fault is that the yellow tag is displayed on a working unit.  The yellow tag is a good idea on a unit that is not currently turned on as it warns us that the unit is capable of mining more ore than is in the pool but it should not appear on a unit that is already turned on and drawing its maximum.

• 10 months later...