Discussion about upcoming automatic mining units

Zarcata

Would it be possible for us to discuss some ideas together here in advance in order to shed more light on the upcoming automatic mining units? 
There will certainly be information about these at some point, but I think a system will then be introduced and tested that may not be fully developed because some points of view have not even been considered. I would therefore like to see more exchange here among the players, but also with NQ.

In general, my concerns or ideas about this:

- Schematics will be needed again for this -> pricing?
- There could be different units that can promote the T1-T5..ore levels.
- Quantity per unit that is mined is very interesting (too little or too much?)
- How many units are you allowed to build in general?
- How many units per area are you allowed to build?
- How many units per planet/moon can you build?
- Will there be differences between the safe zone and the PvP zone?
- How much material is needed to build such units and what production time is involved? (It has to pay off at some point if the production volume is to be economical).

- Are these units intended to replace normal ore mining, support it or just serve as an alternative option? 

Yea I am all for a T1, T2, T3, T4, T5 unit.  With Basic, Uncommon, Advanced, Rare, Exotic.  Meaning there are 25 variants of extractors. Obviously T1 basic should be nano craftable. 

Things we do know. 

Territories are going to have random  yield rates. IE some territories are going to give more ore per cycle then others. (this will lead to some territories being more valuable then others and result in territory warfare when that comes out). 

Units are going to be stackable. What ever that means. 

Have heard talk about territories having a max output.  But its unclear if that is max  per territory, per construct, per miner, per player, per org..... Are player skills going to affect this?  Is there going to be org skills that allow for org auto miners....

They have mistakenly given players access to territory ore values via scan results twice now. And the numbers on these have been low. IE 2-400l an hour. Granted they have also stated these numbers are not final. But it stands to reason that initial auto mining so going to have low yields. It will be much easier for them to increase the yields in the future then nerf the yields later. 

Another thing to consider. We are eventually going to have to pay for territories we control with monthly taxes.  So another limiting factor is going to be how many tiles can you afford to pay for each month? (Although I suspect much like buying a tile, the first one is free). 

However I dont think we are going to see auto miners eliminating mining. When a player can go out and mine 3,000,000l in a day. Even at 400l an hour. that would take 300 days to get what a player can do.  Or it would take 300 miners to do what a player  can do in a day.  and while I saw T1's and T2's. in the 1,000 scans I looked through, I only saw like 2 or 3 T3's and no T4's.  So T3/4/5's are probably going to be stupid rare and mainly left to asteroid mining.