Anyone remember that time NQ hated their own talent system enough to completely destroy the need for its existence?

Warlander

It hit me the other day in another thread.

The devs found out how bad their initial talent system design was when they wanted to add the other tiers in for industry wether they know it or not. Schematics would have taken 10 years to go into if they added x4 more industry talent trees worth of talents into one role. It was just too massive, bulku and time consuming, for someone to scroll through 250 talent tree branches if they put it all into industry.... and then it happened.... They killed the need for the whole talent system in one fell swoop. All that time, all that grind, and all that ham fisted top heavy approach was now needless. And they didnt even know it which is the best part that even they disliked their content gate system that they took a different approach. All that stuff should have been additional talents since now not only does all these mega orgs have all the machines but now they are again cornering 4 new untapped markets on top of it. When it should really have been a talent to hyper focus into on the specific part you wanted to be the best in.

But no their solustion was to circumvent the talent system which again kills any need for the whole thing and I say flush the whole thing and cut 10 years of que off my life and just get rid of it, bury it in the desert, and just apply all those bonuses and putdowns into some kind of limit unlock governor chip for everything and make it about the parts and not the person.

I dont know about you but I could craft myself a breakfast in the morning, go to work in the undustry all day, come home and build my house or plane my own wood to then do home renivation, then jump into a plane/helicopter if I wanted Some of it might take time but the stats are in the things I use, my inteligence is knowing how to wield everything to bend it to my will. The experience in this game is the trial and error of the ship parts weight bloat creep not my ability to fly or the non existent stats they give me to work with. my experience in flight sims aint the problem, i got like 200,000+ flight hours under my belt before I got here. Its the game not having all the tiny modular functions and power that are really holding this game back not to mention the world generation.

Flush it! The devs dislike it too. Killing the Talent tree could add 10 years onto everyones lives.

What now is the point of the talent tree if Talents = Schematics + putdowns in production?