PSA: Workaround for Container Link Issues

Olmeca_Gold

Credit to HugYouHardcore.

Here is a workaround that i just tested and works. You basically "stop using construct rights" on the hub you want to link to, and make an RDMS container access policy for yourself.

1) "Stop using construct rights on element" for the container hub you want to link to.

2) "Set element rights" and tag the hub.

3) Create a new RDMS policy. The agent is you (or whoever will link to the hub). The rights are container retrieve, view contents, put rights; plus "use element" right. The tag is the tag you gave to the container hub.

The link will work.

17 hours ago, Olmeca_Gold said:

Credit to HugYouHardcore.

Here is a workaround that i just tested and works. You basically "stop using construct rights" on the hub you want to link to, and make an RDMS container access policy for yourself.

1) "Stop using construct rights on element" for the container hub you want to link to.

2) "Set element rights" and tag the hub.

3) Create a new RDMS policy. The agent is you (or whoever will link to the hub). The rights are container retrieve, view contents, put rights; plus "use element" right. The tag is the tag you gave to the container hub.

The link will work.

Did this, still keep intermittently "losing" the linkage. Just now when I moved 2 meters away from the ship I got again the message that my "Linked container is out of range" ...

10 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Did this, still keep intermittently "losing" the linkage. Just now when I moved 2 meters away from the ship I got again the message that my "Linked container is out of range" ...

Interesting. Been working for me and many others I know nicely since we begin to do it. I don't know what kind of additional complication you are in.

It comes and goes for me, sometimes it seems stable and I can use linked containers, other times like today, it constantly looses and regains the link no matter how close or far away I am, and no matter if it is a hub or a single container link.