Subscription System

Serval

A question to Novaquark. Why isn't there a way to pay only for one month of playing, even though you say so? That would be way better than forcing people to buy at leats 3 months to play the game. What in case someone gets bored before the 3 months time passes? Then it will be wasting money. In case there was a monthly subscription as well, you could just pay for one month and if you would get bored and stop playing the game, then it wouldn't be so much of a problem. Please think about it because the current system looks like a cashgrab. Or if there is a way to pay only for one month then please tell me, and I will be ready to apologize.

Almost every subscription game i have played (big ones were UO, Eve, Wow) along with several others, all required me to buy the game at £20-£40 and included the first month free. I view this as £20 for the same with 3 months free, and then only £6.99 a month, that is great pricing. They said the same was going to be £15.99 - i would of been ok with that too. (not so much for the current state of the beta, but still ok)

This game is in beta, some bugs may take more then a week to fix. Having 3 months gives you time to evaluate DU properly, instead of reacting to a single issue at day 1.

Also 20€ is inline with what other games ask for a single month. Its a good commitment value. But instead of only one month, you get 3.

I think because it is still in beta, they want people who are committed when joining a buggy game. They are also not only testing the game but testing the pricing model, so there may be changes in the future.