The "supposed" route ?

Guest XKent

Hi.

I started playing at 27th so pretty newbro here. I did not play during alpha.

Due to NDA this game has only limited amount of content available and the ones out there repeat the same stuff over and over (like you can mine, you can craft ships!). I get it.

There seems to be no guide on any kind of progression or what the hell I am supposed to do and what are the better/worse ways to achieve it.

What I did (and it's terribly slow and inefficient):

1) 5-fps survived the tutorial (gtx 970) and got to moon.

2) Claimed a terri 5km away from sanctuary 1.

3) Spent all money on useless stuff that tutorial tell you to buy (doors windows for 15k wtf) and have 0 left for anything useful.

4) Did mine some and got tier2 ore, my inventory is now full, I can't do anything with the ore, not sure should I dump it or not as I don't know if it's valuable or not.

5) Survive the inventory full by dumping a little and crafting a box (took me 2-3 hours to craft xs container while having full inventory) and figuring out the crafting thing.

6) Aim for "s" container and craft assembler xs then s then m and now you can craft "s" containers and finally dump all the crap you got from the tutorial... (Like the concrete I got for my base. Why it gives me that much???) (took me about 6-7 hours to get like 5 s containers and some other structures like a refiner)

7) Aim for "m" container and start building crap for assembler L + wonder if it will still fit into my xs base core....

Like I have been playing for like 10 hours just running around my sanct base etc. I did build the speeder to be fly capable but not sure where should I fly.

Can we get some advice on what's the CURRENT state of PVP ? Where it is allowed ? Can I fly to atitoth if I slap a space engine on the speeder and replace the cabin?

Is the atioth a PVP outside some kind of safe zone as advertised ? Is the space between atioth and moon is a pvp zone ?

Any tips are welcome, I believe it would greatly help other newbros to not waste time like I did.

Current PvP is limited to outside of the 3 inner planets and their moons. If you hit F4 to open your map You can see the Safe Zone ring. Around each planet there is also a small safe zone for now. From my understanding there is not constant PvP right now. PvP appears to be limited to the occasional gank.

Going into space from Aloth is very difficult, the sanctuary moon even more so. You will probably need additional atmosphere engines and wings or ailerons in addition to the space ones. You don't need any sort of cabin and your hover chair is okay.

Right now the general goal for most people is making money and building bigger ships/constructs. The best way to do this will depend on your preference. Most people or mining, building factories, or both.

The general loops are

1) build small ship, find a way to get a bigger ship, find a way to get an even bigger ship, etc

2) as 1 but with industry and then moving to 1

3) joining a org and doing 1,2, 4,5,6 with friends and side eying who you are told to.

4) 1, but selling bps and crafting the most efficient/ pretty/  interesting designs.

5) surrogating around the sites and then doing 1-4 when bored.

6) only for completions sake because too early/botched: playing the market.

DU isn't supposed to have a fix route for progression.

Want to explore planets, funnel you resources/industri into the best space worthy ship you can make.

Want to build a large base somewhere, get a territory unit and make industry for all the materials you will be needing.

and so on..

Alioth has 1 t3, relatively hard to find.  The other planets are the way to go.  Go f4, solar system and click on each planet for which ores they have.   Moons also have ores, but they're much rarer and are generally searched for and played out by large organised groups relative quickly.