The solar project

Allione

Hi, 

as I am listening to the DU soundtrack I am having this vision for the game where players actualy manage to pull off the global resource gathering ability (I mean actual real people, not our avatars) and we build these large structures that take several thousand of people working together in some manner. Is there going to be some lore that keeps us on our tracks? From lore perspective it sounds something like "ok, we're an epic civilization that just landed on this piece of rock. So what's up? ... Yeah yeah, rebuild the civilization that's a piece of cake. Should we try to build some sort of giant sun engine?"

Is the narration-based gameplay direction something that is in the mix of ideas?

Thank you

A giant sun engine would be an interesting project. Like a dyson sphere? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere#:~:text=A Dyson sphere is a,percentage of its power output.

I'm not sure about your other questions. A Dyson Sphere truly would take a huge amount of players to pull off what a sight it would be though. 

not a dyson sphere that's just ridiculous, but some sort of giant construct that cou can't actualy get too close to, it would be lore driven, not an actual construct you can control.

Now that I think about it it probably doesn't play well with the ideology of "everything is a construct." It'd still be nice to have some sort of global lore progression hmm.

edit.: the point is not to take away the freedom of a sandbox game, it'd be a mix of best of both worlds.