Terraforming Elements

Orius

We should have the ability to terraform planets. There should be terraforming elements varying in effectiveness. The more efficient ones should cost more units than the one that would be less efficient. 

Why we should have terraform planets unit when you can dig all of them out ? 

And i can see one reason why NQ wont let the terraform into game. Other player experience. Imagine one day your beautiful base on a warm, beautiful planet and nice weather then the next day it become a storm, sand, toxic .... 

And they have hint that farm ( cattle & plant ) may be in game so yeah, terraform whole planet will give a part of player rage.

Terraforming mechanics may be great material for an expansion one day.

But we first need to have good reasons to want to terraform anything. It's likely to be a slow and costly process if it will be "realistic" in any way, so not something that's just done "for fun".

4 hours ago, Dr_Rhino55 said:

We should have the ability to terraform planets. There should be terraforming elements varying in effectiveness. The more efficient ones should cost more units than the one that would be less efficient. 

I'm not sure I understand here, you can mine a planet then beable to deposit it's resources elsewhere.

As for the other two sentences, I think I remember reading somewhere early on that this might be attached to a skill (either that or it was scanning) where the more skilled you were the more area you could excavate or something related to efficiency. 

5 minutes ago, DarkHorizon said:

I'm not sure I understand here, you can mine a planet then beable to deposit it's resources elsewhere.

As for the other two sentences, I think I remember reading somewhere early on that this might be attached to a skill (either that or it was scanning) where the more skilled you were the more area you could excavate or something related to efficiency. 

"Terraforming" means to make a planet fit for human habitation, i.e. changing the atmosphere to be breathable and capable of sustaining human and plant life out in the open, just as it does on our home planet (Earth).

For instance, we can colonise Mars, but everything will have to be kept in special bases or "domes" until the planet is "terraformed".